Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

is Cva a good choice

Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default is Cva a good choice

I was looking at muzzleloaders and have found one called the CVA Hunterbolt 50 caliber Magnum. It sells for 350 is it a good choice.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is Cva a good choice

Absolutely not! That model has been discontinued for a year or two. At it's highest popularity, it never sold for more than $169.

The only bolt-action in CVA's present lineup is the $140 Buckhorn.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:37 AM

You will like a break open or falling block type action better than a bolt. Easier loading and cleaning. Look for a Omega Z5 or a Tradation Pursuit LT..........50 caliber.............
Old 10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Paying that much for a discontinued CVA is not what I call a good deal. Besides, some shooters had problems getting good loads in their Hunterbolts. For that kind of money there are much better deals on the market which will give you a better rifle and for a better price. Unless you have your heart set on owning a CVA.

There is an Omega Z5 for $299.00 a much better rifle for less money. There are NEF Sidekicks for aroubd $159.00 again, a better rifle. Who ever has that rifle deal is dumping stock it sounds like. If I am going to buy a discontinued model rifle, it better be a real good deal.

Look around at all the differnent companies out there and the on line stores. Good deals are out there.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

The suggestion for the Pursuit LT is OK but if you decide on that make sure you can check the trigger pull first. I got one of the first ones that they made and the trigger pull was impossible to use. So heavy that it hurt my finger to pull more than once. They apparently have fixed it now but make sure you are not getting an early one. I would look at the Z5 Omega if you want to spend about $300. I have an Omega and it is great although somewhat particular on bullet/sabot selection to allow easy (or should I say somewhat easy) loading.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:37 AM

My Pursuit LT has as good a trigger as my Omega Z5, excellent! Bought it in July this year.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I went and bought the gun today it was the best deal around for Canadian money and this motle is not discontinued

Old 10-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with your new rifle.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad, check Dallas Tactical on that Z-5 Omega....
Old 10-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! that's a good price for an Omega even if it is the Z5. I am not really sure what is so different from the Z5 and the regular Omega. It would be interesting to know why one is so much cheaper. I heard that they have a cheaper sight... maybe the stock is different also.

Quick Reply: is Cva a good choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.