Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is it just my computer?

Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is it just my computer?

I have been having real problems with the site since the upgrade and I wonder if it is my machine or the internet gods causing the problem.

For the techies I run Netscape 8.0 on a XP machine. I wonder if others have the same problems.

1- Server errors (Server is busy ect..)

2- Log in errors, just can't log in.

3- Posts just won't post.

4 Screen size not matching my 17" monitor.

I hope it is just growing pains

Old 09-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Is it just my computer?

I get the same thing. I will try to make a post and it will kick me off the sight. Sometimes when I try to log on it tells me the server is busy and can not be logged on to. And then there is the problem of posting pictures from time to time. All of this is probably due to the new server. So you are not alone...
Old 09-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting a bit of sluggish response from IE, nothing major but it is indicating errors on EVERY page here. Opera seems to have the least amount of trouble with these pages. Firefox loads about like IE but goes crazy receiving data before the page finally loads. Sumpin' just aint right with this forum software.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Spike

Do you think it may have more to do with server overload then software problems?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

I seem to be able to login OK but when I open a thread my back button will not allow me to go back to the main page. I have to logoff and come back on again to find another thread. Big Pain!!!! I think the site has a little cleaning up to do.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

I seem to be able to login OK but when I open a thread my back button will not allow me to go back to the main page. I have to logoff and come back on again to find another thread. Big Pain!!!! I think the site has a little cleaning up to do.
To navigate back without using your back button you can go to nearthe top of the page next to the"Fast Reply" button. That is what I have had to do onoccasion. Hope this helps.