Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pursuit LT - Scope Mounts/Issues

Old 09-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Pursuit LT - Scope Mounts/Issues

Wondering if any LT owners who have scoped their rifles would care to comment as to whether they went with low, medium mounts and did they encounter any issues with the rear sight. Looking at (hopefully) putting Bushnell 3 X 9 Dawn to Dusk on my Traditions Pursuit LT.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM

Default RE: Pursuit LT - Scope Mounts/Issues

randyh, maybe someone that has one will know for sure but I researched this gun when I was looking to buy. One review (it was a year or so old) the reviewer complained about the fact that when he scoped it he had to remove the iron site to get the scope to mount properly. Not sure if they resolved this with the newerones or not.

GHog
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM

I had a scope on my pursuit LT (took it off the open sights are nice) anyways I first tried fairly low mounts and they did not work the rear sight had to come off and also the scope was in the way of the hammer. then I went to what was supposed to be the see through mounts but when I put them on,the hammer problem was solved but the rear sight still had to come off, Of course I had it sighted in for 100yrds which if you put a scope on it you wouldn't need it for that far so you could use the rear sight for like 25yrds and you should beable to leave it on. Also with a scope on it I found it a pain in the butt to remove the breech plug to clean and lube I guess you could take it off every time but then I don't know it your poi would change.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:14 PM

after posting, I decided to check the Traditions website. Guess I should have checked there first. Any of their muzzleloaders shown with a scope has the rear sight removed. Snowman69 - so you did remove the rear sight? no problems removing it?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM

yes I did have to remove the rear sight and no their were no problems. All I did was remove the sight not the base of the sight but I was using high see through mounts either way its a total of taking the sight off then taking out 2 small screws for the base a matter of two minutes no problem.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

I put a small diameter (shotgun type) scope on my Pursuit LT and I had to remove the rear sight to get enough forward mount to avoid eye contact and with a medium height mount I just barely clear the hammer.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:04 PM

I have a Traditions Pursuit Pro and put medium mounts on it with a 3x9x40 Bushnell scope I did have to remove the rear sight but not the base and my gun came with a piece to screw into the hammer for your thumb when a scope is on it and no problem with it.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 PM

I have the same thing on my pursuit's hammer(scope extention) and only had to remove the sight and not the base but with low mounts I had to remove the sight and the scope was actually putting pressure down on the hammer and I couldn't even cock the hammer, so I went to higher mounts as I metioned above and I still had to remove the sight but the hammer had plenty of clearence. Then after all that I took the scope of and just went with open sights.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 PM

Well. got the Bushnell Dawn to Dusk 3X9 for birthday as hoped. Have to remove the rear sight on the Pursuit LT completetly to allow room for the scope. Now I'm left with 2 holes in the barrel where the screws holding the base were. The screwsfor the base are of course too long to go completely into the barrel and have a head on them anyway.What do you think - we have about 5 weeks to deer season - try to get proper screws to fill the holes or just cover them and do something in the off season?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:30 PM

What mounts did you go with because when I put a scope on my pursuit LT I only had to remove the rear sight itself not its base if that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Pursuit LT - Scope Mounts/Issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.