Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Question for BigCounty - Everyone

Old 08-22-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Question for BigCounty - Everyone

Is it safe to say thatthe accuracy difference - especially long range... with apple to apple conditions, is nominalbetween the all Knight's andTC's or is there a specific Knight or TC that may be more accurate in proven performance, i.e Revolution vs Omega etc?? Big C - you have shot them side by side? What is your assessment - any notable difference?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Question for BigCounty - Everyone

I think it would actually be from rifle to rifle irregardless of make and model. Rifles are very individual in how well they shoot and what loads they like. You can take two identicle rifles off the production line and one might like something better than the other, or just not shoot as well.

And muzzle loaders are crazy considering there is no uniform barrel diameter from one maker to another.

I know my buddies knight likes very different loads than my remington does.

Paul
Old 08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Question for BigCounty - Everyone

You just can't predict these things. I have a knight disc elite that is a wonderfully accurate gun, and encore just the same. I paid much more for the encore, so I like the knight more.My brother has the encore barrelnow and said he loves it. I have a T/C sidelock that is very accurate with some projectiles, and a knight wolverine, that loves one load.

Its a toss up. Some guys don't like the all the mess with ignition of the knight discs. so they pick the omega and encores.

You are notgoing toable topredict accuracy. Just like me, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes a bad one.