Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

my new disc elite

Old 07-31-2005, 10:06 AM

Default my new disc elite

I just got a new disc elite and I hope it shoots as good as it looks. It is camo, nickel barrel, 50 cal. with a tasco world class scope- 3x9. I am taking it out to the range today to zero in the scope. Anybody else have an elite? If so any pointers on what bullet works well? Any other infor I should know about the elite?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: my new disc elite

I just got a new disc elite and I hope it shoots as good as it looks. It is camo, nickel barrel, 50 cal. with a tasco world class scope- 3x9. I am taking it out to the range today to zero in the scope. Anybody else have an elite? If so any pointers on what bullet works well? Any other infor I should know about the elite?
That's a nice rifle you have. I have looked at them but I got the Wolverine instead. I am sure you have a good shooting rifle there. I personally would suggest any Knight RED HOT sabot with 100-120 grains of powder. Another projectile you might try is the 250 or 300 grain Barnes Expander bullets. These you can push real hard. In the short barrel inlines I have I shoot them with 85 grains of Goex 3f. In my long barrel inlines I have pushed them to 120 grains of 3f and still had good accuracy. These also really are game takers. If you hit game with them, you will punch a large hole in them.

Since the rifle is new. Get a box of 240 grain Thompson Center Mag Express XTP's and shoot them with 100 grains of powder. I think you will like the accuracy you get with them. In my Wolverine these I use as my check load when testing other bullets. If I think something with a new load is bad, I load the XTP's. If they shoot good, then I know it is not the rifle or me....

Good luck with your new rifle. There are some other elite owners on the board and I am sure they can help you out.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting an Extreme but just bought an Elite too. I haven't shot mine yet but am planning touse the same load as in my Extreme. I have been shooting 130 gr Pyrodex and a 250 gr Barnes Expander. I killed 4 deerwith my Extreme and that load in 2004, and only onetook a step.My 2004 Oklahomabuck in the picture gross scored 178" and weighed in at 265 lbs on the hoof, and he is the firstdeer that I haveEVER shot withmy Extreme that ran (only about 35 yards). The 250 grExpanders have performed flawlessly for me, but I bought some Hornady 250 and 300gr SST bullets and Barnes 300 gr Expandersthat I am going to try this year. Good luck with your load development and enjoy your gun.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the tips. I hope I will be fortunate enough to have a chance at a buck like the one above. WOW. I did take my elite out and I love shooting it. I was 2 inches above the bullseye at 65 yards. I was shooting powerbelt 295 grain hollow points. It was a successful shoot and it was easier to clean than I imagined...
Old 08-13-2005, 12:07 PM

sorry for the thread hijack, but can of you guys tell me where to find a good price ona .50 knight elite?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:16 PM

Hawkeye,

My most accurate load in my Elite: 3 pyro pellets, 200 Shockwave, Blue MMP sabot.

Good luck with your Elite! They are fine rifles for sure!

Encorepete,

I do believe Randy Wakeman has a few left.

You can get ahold of him here: http://members.aol.com/randymagic/ballltd.htm

Doohan