Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Company

Old 06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Traditions Company

Oh no, not you too rebel getting sucked in by someone trying to make a name for himself. You know alot of people who got injured with a pursuit?

Old 06-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

No BC, I don't know anyone who got hurt with a Pursuit,
but I know about Spanish Barrels and the statement he is
making is true. I have AYA's which is one of the top lines
of Spanish shotguns bought in Spain and have talked to
many spanish gunsmiths, have you?
Old 06-28-2005, 03:59 PM
bigcountry

Oh yea, all the time. Come on Rebel, your really stretching it on this one.

Hey believe what you want to believe. Just never expected you to be on this bandwagon.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey BC,

Old 06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Okie48,

I bought one of Traditions Pursuit LT last year and I made a bad mistake. I didn't tear open the plastic it came in and check the trigger pull. When I got home and shot it, I believe it had somewhere in the neighborhood of four hundred pounds of trigger pull. Just kidding, but it was terrible, probably around 8 or 9 lbs. I contacted traditions and they said to send it back that they would work on the trigger. I asked them to send an enlarge schematic of the gun and I would work on it, which voided the warranty, but I didn't care. I made the gun shootable, but wouldn't buy another one. Going either Thompson or Knight this year.

dog1
Old 06-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Dog1 - curious as to why you would not mail them back the rifle so they could make the repairs and hence keep it under warranty? Also you stated you fixed the trigger. How well does the rifle shoot since you are an actual Persuit owner? What kind of load are you shooting?

I was talking to another Persuit owner and they were telling me about shooting 240 grain XTP and 100 grains of loose powder with some amazing accuracy. I just wondered if your rifle was also behaving now that the trigger is fixed.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 PM

Actually Reb, the term is kilopascal, and one of them is equal to 0.1450377 pound/square inch. So your 700 kilopascal = 101.5264166 pound/square inch. Somehow I think you've missed something in the translation, could they have said 700 gigapascal?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

cayugad,

The reason I didn't send it back was ridiculous now, but I was so disappointed at the time I didn't want anymore to do with Traditions. Anyway I fixed the problem. I also shot the XTPs' with 100 grn pyrodex pellets, they shot well, a friend recommended try TCs' 370 grn maxiballs and it shot good also. Then I started with 85 gr of 777, that was good and 89 was better, 90 go worse so I state with 85. All I hunting is whitetails and hogs.

I also changed the sites and that helped some.

However I full intend to have a better rifle before long. I'm still learning about this muzzleloading business and everything y'all post. If I don't get bored with it first. By the way, Thanks for the info you post.

dog1

Old 06-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I handled one of the Persuits in a store the other day and I was kind of impressed with the way it fit to the shoulder. I also heard they fixed that trigger problem. The spanish barrel really does not scare me off (maybe it should) because I seldom shoot a magnum load out of any of the rifles I own

Your rifle sounds like my CVA Staghorn Magnnum and the way it behaves. I shot some of the 375 Buffalo Bullet SSB sabots out of it the other day with 100 grains of Ptrodex RS (which I think is the most dirty powder on the market to shoot) and the accuracy was very good. You might want to try them in your Persuit. All my inlines like that bullet for some reason.

I can understand your disapppointment. I also had a brand new Tradition's Woodsman Hawkin Sidelock in .50 caliber. Beautiful rifle to look at because it would not go off. I took it and changed out the nipple, cleaned it numerous times, and still it would fire maybe 3 out of 10 trys. I finally called Traditions and talked to their gunsmith. He said he wanted to see the rifle so I mailed it back. They fixed it and it is a sweet shooter now, but when I was showing it off that first day to my friends and it would no go off, well lets say I was more then disappointed.....

That hog hunting is something I have to try this year. I want to use my .54 caliber flintlock to do so...
Old 06-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dog1

Okie48,

I bought one of Traditions Pursuit LT last year and I made a bad mistake. I didn't tear open the plastic it came in and check the trigger pull. When I got home and shot it, I believe it had somewhere in the neighborhood of four hundred pounds of trigger pull. Just kidding, but it was terrible, probably around 8 or 9 lbs. I contacted traditions and they said to send it back that they would work on the trigger. I asked them to send an enlarge schematic of the gun and I would work on it, which voided the warranty, but I didn't care. I made the gun shootable, but wouldn't buy another one. Going either Thompson or Knight this year.

dog1
You voided the warranty and won't buy another just over a stiff but fixable trigger ? Wow ! Now that's picky !

Quick Reply: Traditions Company

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.