Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

tell me the difference.......

Old 05-13-2005, 12:19 PM

Default RE: tell me the difference.......

ORIGINAL: huntnmuleys

that is truly pathetic.
to me elk hunting isnt about killing elk, its about experiencing elk. a lot of my favorite elk hunts, i didnt evey draw my bow, but i was in the herd for long periods of time. there is just so much to see and hear in the elk woods.

man i wish september would get here
brad
September 9th all will be right with my world. Yellow gold of the aspens and bugling elk. It truely is God's country.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:32 PM

Shato - your 4 wheeler story makes me sick, north of elko a few years back we watched some guys line up on both sides of a canyon, then send two scooters down the middle like wildmen to jump the deer out. [:@]They didnt spook any deer because we had walked that canyon about two hours earlier and pushed some does and a couple little bucks out already. I turned em into the game warden and even lead the warden to the camp then proceeded to ID the four wheelers and four of the hunters, three had changed clothes so we couldnt say for sure they were the same ones. Dont know what the final outcome was though, they left that night. Another time we watched two four wheeler drive INTO a wilderness area and shoot elk off their scooters. The elk dove off into a canyon and the guys went after em on foot. when they came back their engines had new breather holes in the blocks thanks to my 300win. we called the Game&fish , the guys got their elk, four wheeler and themselves out before mid morning the next day when the wardens finally showed up.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 PM

You guys dont like ATV's? LOL, then you would really hate the thing that I ride around in.....................
Old 05-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

when they came back their engines had new breather holes in the blocks thanks to my 300win.
So whem the wardens showed up the hunters in question should have been charged under the wildlife act and fined accordingly for their behavior.Then the police should have been called so they could charge you for your behavior.I am sure that the fines and restitution that a judge would have assessed you would have used up some of your future hunting budget.You are very lucky that your actions did not result in retaliation to your property or even worse.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:17 PM

TXhighrack, show us what you ride around in.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:03 PM

I was waiting for somebody to ask

Mine is not exactly like this one, mine is on a black Z71 and is not a top drive like this one. And mine also has the ladder on the back.

Here are some others for your enjoyment (and/or humor)

Old 05-14-2005, 06:09 PM

And some more, just in case you guys in PA need some ideas for your truck

My favorite

The "top drive" system allows you to steer and drive from your seat on top of the cab.

waiting in the brush for that big 160" monarch..

Old 05-14-2005, 06:12 PM

I love posting these photos for guys outside of south Texas, their first words are normally "What in the.....hell....is that"

This one should get the job done, you should also grab some attention

And no top drive/high rack is complete with out custom leather chairs, you aint hunting unless your riding on 100% cow hide

Hope ya'll enjoyed
Old 05-14-2005, 07:05 PM

TXhighracks - I dont hate ATV's, but they are a vehicle and are NOT legal to hunt from to begin with. Even so...I dont begrudge a guy the occasional shot from one if hes on a two track and something presents itself, but when guys start brush busting w/ em to hunt? Give me a break. I was wondering, do you guys hunt while on the move in those contraptions or are they basically "stands on wheels" where you park and wait.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:18 PM

NVmike:

I totally understand where you are coming from. I think atvs along with trucks should be kept out of certain areas on public land. And I dont agree with people using there atvs to chase and/or run down a game animal.

do you guys hunt while on the move in those contraptions or are they basically "stands on wheels" where you park and wait.
There basically "stands on wheels". The ranches down here are generally large in size so the hunter should be very mobile in order to take full advantage of the land he is hunting. Alot of guys might hunt one spot in the morning and might be hunting a different spot several miles away but still on the same ranch in the evening. And also the land down here is pretty flat for the most part and the brush is thick but short in height, so if your able to get up a few feet higher then your able to see for miles. But honestly alot of guys have these high rack trucks for entertainment reasons more so then for hunting reasons, although most are used for both (myself included).

Quick Reply: tell me the difference.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.