Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HB05-1266

Old 05-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HB05-1266

Well, I don't know how old your kids are, BUT the fee for existing youth and senior citizen licenses will not be increasing! Youth small game licenses will still be available for $1 a year!!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Well, I don't know how old your kids are, BUT the fee for existing youth and senior citizen licenses will not be increasing! Youth small game licenses will still be available for $1 a year!!
Yea but who cares about that stuff...

They won't be able to afford sheep hunting!

So after you people subsidize the sheep hunting for those below the poverty level, I expect that you'll start working on subsidizing Cohiba Cigars, Remy Martin Louis XIII Congac, Bently automobiles and H&H Royal Shotguns for the upper middle class?

Not only the rich should have the finer things in life...

SA

PS. Wasn't it with you that I had the discussion about how some residents were up in arms regarding the increases?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

gselkhunter, I agree with you 100%.

SpyroAndes, you have spent too much time in Cal. Why don't you use some of your hot air and money and do something good for your state? Like fight the tree huggers and anti's for a change. That would be a whole lot better than fighting and belittleing your fellow hunters. If hunting does go to the rich only then come voting time, they and you will get screwed too out of hunting too. I don't think you have a clue who Greg (gselkhunter) is do you? Maybe if you did you would be a little nicer? Then again, maybe you'll just be a prick your words not mine!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

They say that the average kid costs $200k to raise to 18 years of age... maybe he should have invested the $0.25 per condom after kid number 2... He made his choice...
The more I read your crap the more I wish that your daddy would have had the smarts to use that $.25 condom. Then we wouldn't have to deal with your senseless and idiotic drivel. Get a life, Spyro. Hope you stay in Cali. We don't need your narrowminded attitude anywhere else.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

spyro you tell it like ya think it is dont ya...........

well i guess everybody has a right to their opinion. not sure im with ya on all of this. im not rich, but im not poor either. 30 year old single guys usually arent THAT poor. but here in wyoming our tags have raised each year. not a lot, but raises, and i think it sucks. antelope deer and elk are reasonable (id probably but that friggin elk tag no matter what the cost) but our moose, mountain goat and sheep are $300 total each year. still cheaper than colorado, still a lot of money for some of us to come up with at one time. ive posted on other topics on here regarding the cost of hunting, and a lot of the trips id love to take that require guides by law. in my neck of the world, $30,000 is a pretty decent salary, not below average anyway. many of my friends who are married will NEVER be able to take the trips ive taken in the last couple years, and im not talking extravagent trips. swap hunts to be precise. try to raise a family on that kind of money and have any to travel, even if it is just swap hunting. are they poor parents or deadbeats? no, the cost of living here is cheap and so are the wages, but when we meager people seek to leave our little corner of the world, we have to compete with what people like you make. it just doest work.

ya know, a lot of california people, like you are making it a point to move out here. yep, youve made some money, and you even buy some nice looking property (that higher priced crap that no local would every buy, or want to buy). but one thing i notice that around here you people arent buying a lot of around here....friends.

im not saying i dont agree with anything ya say spyro, but some of it is a bit of a stretch

brad
Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

spyro---I too must voice my displeasure in your off the wall RUDE comments directed towards Gselkhunter. Not only because he's a friend of mine. Because you are just flat wrong in your hateful accusations. To comment on a man for not being responsible enough to have less kids so he can basicly afford them in a manner you brought it up is way over the line. I don't care what State you're from!!!-- Money is not the issue here!!

I believe you owe him a sincere apology!!!!-----------------------ElkNut1
Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: elknut1

spyro---I too must voice my displeasure in your off the wall RUDE comments directed towards Gselkhunter. Not only because he's a friend of mine. Because you are just flat wrong in your hateful accusations. To comment on a man for not being responsible enough to have less kids so he can basicly afford them in a manner you brought it up is way over the line. I don't care what State you're from!!!-- Money is not the issue here!!

I believe you owe him a sincere apology!!!!-----------------------ElkNut1
I am waving the Bullsh*t flag on your post.... What rude comments did I make and how was I making hateful accusations?

Your buddy GS clearly stated that he was not in this predicament and was speaking hypothetically... so anything was based upon hypotheticals.

Here is the quote...

The guy that makes less than 30K a year with 4 teens can now only dream about taking his kids on a sheep hunt at $250 a pop. It is a sad state of life when only the rich and the outfitters get ahead. And I am not saying the DOW didn't need the money, they did, their fuel costs went up too. I too can handle the cost of increases, but what about those that can't.
Frankly, you owe me the appology for falsely accusing me.

Thanks,

SA
Old 05-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Spyro---You're right, I did read it wrong! I apologize!! ---------ElkNut1
Old 05-12-2005, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

gselkhunter, I agree with you 100%.
Well I disagree with him 97.81278653129%

SpyroAndes, you have spent too much time in Cal. Why don't you use some of your hot air and money and do something good for your state? Like fight the tree huggers and anti's for a change.
I have been active in the community since I was 15 but my main causes are the homeless and mentoring kids...

That would be a whole lot better than fighting and belittleing your fellow hunters. If hunting does go to the rich only then come voting time, they and you will get screwed too out of hunting too.
This isn't about hunting only going to the rich...

Again, I have heard a vaild reason why increasing sheep tags from $150 to $250 is so outrageous?

You people act like they are going to keep this money when they don't draw.

Since the example was brought up of a Father and 4 kids, I'll continue to use it...

Old Pricing
Father's App Fee = $150
4 Sons App Fees = $600
Total = $750

New Pricing
Father's App Fee = $250
4 Sons App Fees = $1000
Total = $1250

If the Father can't afford the increase, maybe he should sacrifice his tag fee to help cover the kids.

Fathers have to sacrifice for their children all the time... the fathers are easy to spot.

They are the ones driving an older or cheaper car.

They are the ones that are eating the brown bag lunch that look eirily similar to the kids' lunches.

Do we start picketting restuarants to lower the pricing of their lunch items so they can go out to lunch with the rest of the guys?

Do we start a "Crappy Car" subsidy so people will get X amount of dollars per kid to be used towards a vehicle?

People make choices in life...

Some smoke crack...

Some drop out before getting an education...

Some drink themselves to death...

Some cover themselves with tatoos...

Some spend to much...

Some have more kids than they can afford...

These are all CHOICES that these people have made and, for every choice, there are consequences and repercussions.

Nobody forced them to make their wife into a baby machine.

Or are you insinuating that majority of people that have more kids than they can afford were too dumb to realize "kids cost money"?!?!?

I don't think you have a clue who Greg (gselkhunter) is do you? Maybe if you did you would be a little nicer? Then again, maybe you'll just be a prick your words not mine!
Frankly, I could careless if he was Bill Gates or President Bush... the topic was his opinion... and, honestly, I was nice.

I attacked his points... not him...

SA
Old 05-12-2005, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Hikchick

The more I read your crap the more I wish that your daddy would have had the smarts to use that $.25 condom. Then we wouldn't have to deal with your senseless and idiotic drivel. Get a life, Spyro. Hope you stay in Cali. We don't need your narrowminded attitude anywhere else.
Ahhh, I love you too...

But if you would like to see where the senseless and idiotic drivel in this thread in eminating from, I suggest you look in the mirror.

You have yet to address any post that I have ever written on this board with anything that even remotely resembles an intelligent reply. At this point, I would almost settle for an on topic reply.

Try doing that for a change... it might convinve me that there is a 50/50 chance that your IQ might approach triple digits.

SA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.