Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Determination!

Old 05-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Determination!

TXHighrack-I have been in the oilsands business for 25 years now and although oilprices have fluctuated over the years,our company has never had wage rollbacks and has never laid people off.Right now our company and several more oilsands developments are expanding and with more and more money being invested every day,it is apparent that many people feel that the future is bright despite your negative outlook.As for the people that have been in the business for considerable periods,most of us have invested wisely for many years so our future is already taken care of.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:26 PM

oh i almost forgot my wife makes 20,000 a year also!

so i could pay for hunts... i would rather put kids though college instead...

that way they have some brains to them u know what i mean hunter_59?[&:]
Old 05-15-2005, 11:22 PM

stubblejumper:

Like you I have been involved with the oil & gas business for 7 years (I'm 30). My family however has owned and operated several oil & gas business over a 40+ year period. Over the years we have started 7 different companies, 4 of which we have sold because the price was right and/or we needed to free up some of our capital because we where interested in other oppurtunites. But I do find it hard to believe that your company has never had any layoffs or pay cuts, even the giants like Haliburton have had pay cuts and layoffs in the past. I have no "negative" outlook on the current state of the oil industry, I do however have a realistic outlook on the industry and I know that Americans will sooner or later say enough is enough and/or the gov. will do something about the high gas prices. Getting $55+ per barrel is not going to last forever.....

it is apparent that many people feel that the future is bright
Yes the present and near future look very bright. But the oilfield is alot like playing the stock market. You can make alot of money or you can loose alot of money at the drop of a hat. The oil industry seems to boom for about a 5-8 year period, then it bust and levels off and after a while the cycle starts all over again. The reason so many companies are expanding so much is because they know they have a small window to make there money before the oppurtunity passes. My dad and myself are in the process of starting a recoil tubing business with 3 other guys. Our intentions are to set up the company and sell it to one of the larger companies in a few years, more then likely for a very nice finacial gain. The oil giants like Haliburton and Baker Hughes etc. love to have a monoply on the market and if you start a business and began competing with them (try to be a thorn in their side) then they will almost always buy you out, because they would rather spend big bucks then compete with anybody.

Anyway we have gotten way off topic from the original thread, but I guess that happend long ago. Take it easy, good hunting to all....
Old 05-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

i hope and pray that this guy and his kids never have anything like this happen to them i don't think that this guy understands what a disabilty is or he just does't want to know "way to go kid nice elk"
Old 05-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off manboy I see your name fits you to a T...a boy stuck in a mans body. However, I find it ammusing that you can find the time to be critical of a youg cancer patient amputee who actually had the ability and determination to not only go on the hunt but hike the country on crutches with one leg while at the same time you couldn't even take your income to more than 15 bucks in the 12 years you owned your own business. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. With the determination and willpower Blake has you should just be lucky he isn't a competitor of yours in the same town or you probably would end up working at the local supermarket. Just a word of wisdom, maybe you should take that income you so readily brag about and put yourself through college then maybe one day you'll be as mature as Blake, but then again college is pretty tough and someone may call you a bad name then you'd have to quit and go back to living like a king.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:48 AM

wow bearklr... i do work at a local supermarket, this taxidermy buss. is a new thing for me... i didn't even count that income!!!

as far as for blake, it's not him i pitty it'shis father.. who took and paid for his son tohunt this ranch...

as we all know blake has heart, determination,and will power most of us will never have... so why did his dad show him the easy way out when it comes to hunting? that is all i don't understand? there are plenty of places blake could have went and not had to hunt a ranch, his elk may not have been as nice, but he would feel something differant inside!

and that is all i will say about this topic, so blast off if u must!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are something else. What I don't know, but something else for sure. I and I quess thats all I have to say too.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK manboy, so you started your own business when you were 19 but now work at a supermarket. I guess the hair salon didn't take off huh? Now you finally figured out how to stick some hide on a piece of foam and you consider it taxidermy. After all that "success" you still find time to hunt out of state but will never stoop to paying a guide or to lease land. Well my hat goes off to you and all of your infinite hunting wisdom. I am truly amazed that an individual such as yourself has such low self esteem that they feel the need to degrade an accomplishment of a child with cancer to validate their own pathetic accomplishments. Hey, next time you fail at something (which sounds like it's inevitable) maybe there will be a baby nearby you could make cry...that should cheer you right up.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:13 PM

[8D] NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS! [&:]

i think that is what we have here!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!

bearklr, that is hysterical....wow

brad

Quick Reply: Determination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.