Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Determination!

Old 05-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Determination!

i would work 1250 hours to pay for a 7-10 day hunt? i don't see how that is in anyway o.k. with me!
You say that you would need to work 1250 hours to pay for a 7-10 day hunt .For a $10,000 hunt that works out to $8 per hour after taxes.Certainly not very successful.I guess that is why he is so bitter.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:03 AM

if i remember right the hunt was 15,000 bucks...

and at $34,000 per year then take taxes out... makes it 30,000-31,000... so ya half of my salery....
go to wyoming weston county and see what the average income is.... well it is 24,000 per year so ya i am doing alright!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

manboy, yes it was 15K. BTW my intent was not to make light of your finiancial or wages situation, just that some may feel this isn't exactly a caviar and champagne earning. Also it does open the door to many comments of not being able to experience other methods, etc b/c lets face it 30K a year with 5 mouths to feed and 5 bodies to cloth, etc does not leave a lot extra play room.

I could care less what your towns folk make on average and what the high roller makes...that is not the point! THE POINT IS STOP PRETENDING "IT IS THE WORLD OF HUNTING ACCORDING TO MANBOY!"
Old 05-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

if i remember right the hunt was 15,000 bucks...
Okay so that makes your wage $12 per hour which is about what a supermarket teller earns where I live.Certainly not a big wage.

see what the average income is.... well it is 24,000 per year so ya i am doing alright!
You obviously live in a location where wages are not high but you should realize that many of us have jobs that earn us two to three times that much or more,so guided hunts are far more affordable for many of us.You need to stop passing judgement on other people based on your own limitations.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

manboy
It doesn't matter to me what amount of money you make or what style of house you live in or what kind of car you drive! It does matter to me what kind of human being you are and without you admitting you were wrong and apologizing to Blake then it will prove that you have no backbone and in my opinion are the lowest form of human being there is! No "sugar coating" about it!! Blake deserves an apology from you!!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

stubblejumper...

wow, a grocery clerk makes that much where you are at? i live in the same town as manboy, and that same grocery teller here would be lucky to make $6 per hour. i myself make right at $14, and that is a pretty good paycheck here.

cant believe what others make, i guess the cost of living here is way cheap

brad
Old 05-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am living in Alberta where our oil economy is booming.The average tradesman in the oil industry is making around $30 per hour with the top companies paying right around $40 for their top tradesmen.Labourers at the plants make over $20 per hour.The oil industry is expanding rapidly with no end in sight and with new companies trying to hire experienced workers the wages and benefits are getting even better.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

look out world im moving to canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

brad
Old 05-15-2005, 07:03 PM

stubblejumper:

The oil industry is expanding rapidly with no end in sight and with new companies trying to hire experienced workers the wages and benefits are getting even better.
The oil industry is booming in Alberta to?

I'm from south Texas and one of the family business is in the oilfield. I've seen it where the Texas oilman where doing so well that instead of going out and buying a new car they went out and bought a new plane. But I've also seen the industry hit the bottom of the barrel. And those same guys who where blowing and going when the money was rolling in, where filing bankrupcty and moving out of town because they were embarresed that there "empire" collapsed. Towns boom and people blow money when the oilfield is doing good, but once the price of a barrel of oil goes down, alot of those same guys are going to be looking for a new job. You know alot of oilfield people would be doing alright and be set for life even when the oilfield hits bottom if those guys wherent so arrogant with their money when its rolling in.

But I do know when the "end in sight" is going to be. Thats when Bushs term is up, especially if a Liberal or Democrat is elected to office. My prediction is that the average price per gallon at the pump when Bush gets out of office will level off to about $1.25-$1.50 and will reach spikes up to $1.80 in most of the country (and yours to I'm assuming).

I know this is all of topic, but I thought I would talk alittle "oilfield chat" with you LOL Good hunting........
Old 05-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Congratulations Blake!! That is a heck of a Bull! God Bless you son,there are a lot of us who are pulling for you for your health and success!

Quick Reply: Determination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.