Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Determination!

Old 05-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Determination!

In this case the term Jacka$$ is an insult. (To the Jacka$$ that is.[:@])
Old 05-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

In this case the term Jacka$$ is an insult. (To the Jacka$$ that is. )
Exactly.There is no way that I can find any respect for someone that would disrespect a 12 year old cancer victim that had lost a leg yet still has the determination to undertake a hunt of any kind.Manboy needs to grow up up and become a man.
I have hunted elk on my own in the wilderness,with an outfitter in the wilderness,and on my own on private property owned by friends, and all provided very enjoyable hunts that offered different challenges.In no cases did we drive up to animals in trucks and in fact the outfitted hunt in northern B.C. required as much physical effort as any of my elk hunts.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:56 AM

Gee all my fond memories of the elk huntin' I did in the area of Chama, NM are ruined now that I've been told they were the easy kind. I hunted private property with a shirttale relative of the owners. Us bein' the youngest had to push 'em out to the old timers who had their ambush sites named![:-] I thought livin' at a hydro electric plant some 5000' in elevation was pretty high, but where we hunted were twice that, and it seemed like hard work to a twenty something who'd lettered in 4 sports in all three years of high school.
Good on you Blake!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

This has gone around the Deer Hunting forum as well. I have hunted private land many times when we didn't even see an Elk or even a deer. Just because you hunt private land does not mean you are assured an animal. Even if this was a High Fence type hunt, this young man had to overcome much more than just what some would call a wilderness hunt.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:35 PM

Most people who complain about hunting private land are people who dont have the money to do so or who didnt play their cards right in life so they werent able to afford their own land. Personally I think it is a MUCH MUCH bigger of an accomplishment to be able to buy your own land and kill a trophy buck off of it compared to drawing a tag and killing a trophy on goverement owned land. Manboy is full of hate and jeolousy, he probably dosent have a pot to pi$$ in thats why he is so bitter.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Dominant Buck

TX.....BINGO!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:54 PM

wow u are so wrong tx...

i started my own buss. when i was 19...
i have started a taxidermy buss, and have my own web site...
i bought my first home when i was 21....
i now have an above average income for where i live...
i have a great marriage, 3 wonderfull kids...
i got marriad when i was 17 .. now going on 14 years!!!!!!
and i do hunt out of state every year!
but i do not pay to hunt private ranches or pay guides!!!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt private land much of the time but I have never paid to hunt it. I own some land and can hunt several bordering ranchs. I have hired outfitters in Canada. Had to to get my permits and have a place to stay. Hunted Government land up there though.

Manboy. You still are not going to convince anyone here that your attitude toward this young man was anything but disgraceful. A boy who thinks he knows as much as you think you know should at least know better than that. If you can't see that then I pity you big time.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

manboy..this ring a bell to you:
i sure will not cough up 1/2 of my 50+ hours work week of 50 weeks a year for that! i would work 1250 hours to pay for a 7-10 day hunt? i don't see how that is in anyway o.k. with me!
Maybe this is what TX was referring to, afterall it was your comment????

I will admit I personally haven't agreed with many of your posts, but such is life. Opinions are one thing but all to often your posts have a soap box feel or demeaning tone to them, so what do you really expect? I really don't care how others choose to hunt as long is it is legal then go hard. Hunting is a personal conquest, things are much different where I hunt than other places I realize/understand that and therefore what maybe good for this goose, isn't nesessarily good for the gander...catch my drift.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know what manboy said on this post because I have him blocked. However, by the responses, I can tell it was not an apology.

Guys, read my lips: He does not get his kicks by being right or changing people's minds to his point of view. He gets his kicks by making people angry and stirring up controversy.

Therefore, anyone responding to him at all, especially with anger, IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS. Do you really want to continue to supply him with his daily anger "fix"

Do you really want him to be in control? Any time someone falls for his line, he is.

Quick Reply: Determination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.