Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Determination!

Old 05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Determination!

I think quite a few of us would agree with the spirit of Manboy's message (or at least parts of it), but the timing and delivery were completely out of line.
I agree Rattlesnake, but put the emphasis on the "timing and delivery were completely out of line"! This is a 12 year old cancer patient who lost a leg to this horrible disease. For you and I, a ranch hunt is not what were after, but if tragedy strikes and I lose the ability to hunt in a wild, fair chase manner, then a ranch hunt will sound pretty exciting!

Think of some of the hunts you have been on, mountain climbing, horse riding, stream crossing, brush busting. Now imagine doing it on 1 leg! Let's give this kid a pat on the back. He's doing what he loves to do, the best way he can.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, but the "spirit" of manBoy's message is that this 12 year old boy did something wrong and he should not be proud of the elk he killed because he killed it on private land (not high fenced). He is wrong on ALL counts and you partially agreeing with him on THIS thread is only lending credibitily to his claim. If you want to disscuss it elsewhere, go for it, but not here. This one is about congratualting a young boy on fighting a good fight and realizing a dream. Power to him.

The title of this thread says it all: DETERMINATION. This kid did it all right, and I am very proud to call him a fellow hunter. Congratualtions! Hope you have many more good hunting trips and you are welcome at my campfire any time!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Let me clear this up, txhunter58. I'm not one of those people who agree with the "spirit" of manboy's message! He is wrong on all accounts! I'm just agreeing with Rattlesnake in that there will be several hunters on this thread that dissagree with ranch hunts. I myself, at this time, would not want a ranch hunt but, if I were to lose a leg, I would jump on a ranch hunt in a minute. Blake should be proud of what he has accomplished!
Old 05-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Blake! You're going to need a bigger trophy room to hang that fella.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:37 PM

so txhunter u like the no fair chase also?

have u ever elk hunted? well i mean really elk hunted not a texas elk hunt? was it as easy as drive around in my truck spot the elk get out and shoot it? all of my hunts have been a little harder than that!

and as far as blake's hunt i am glad he got what he wanted, he was very determined, and he was rewarded!

that is just not my cup of tea!

270 i like them, i just don't own one!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see, I killed an elk in Montana several years ago 4 miles from the end of a road. The 29" 8x7 mule deer that I shot (mentioned on the Colorado high country hunt thread that you posted on) was over 5 miles from the truck and we were totally backpacking that hunt. Killed him at timberline at 11,000 ft. That was a great hunt! Last year I hunted elk with a blackpowder over 4 miles from my truck in Colorado but was unsuccessful, and next fall I will be doing a southwestern Colorado bow hunt for elk. That will be a swap hunt, so I don't know exactly how far we will be in, but lets just say that my swap friends say we will be going where 99% of the hunters don't go, so it should be an interesting hunt also. Out of the last 8 years, I have hunted elk 7 times and mule deer once and killed 4 elk and 1 mulie. And for the record, all of these animals were taken on public land. So yes, I believe I do have some experience in the type of hunt you are talking about. None of which has anything to do with this thread.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Lets cut off manboys leg and give him a serious disease and see if he thinks this type of hunt is challeging. Dude you need to check yourself, let the kid has his day in the sun, lord knows its been raining on him for quite some time.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:18 AM

Manboy likes boys
Old 05-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: UThunter

Manboy likes boys

wow, dynamite drop in there uthunter. did you think of that all by yourself, or did ya ask your buddies for help???

brad
Old 05-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to agree with huntnmuleys on that one. No call for that kind of talk. Two wrongs definately don't make a right.

Quick Reply: Determination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.