Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Determination!

Old 04-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Determination!

Manboy, I sure hope that poor child didn't read your ridiculous statement. I'm sure he is very proud of that elk, as he should be. Have you ever hunted elk? Do you know where they live? If you have not noticed that poor child has lost his leg and is battling a very serious disease, and yet you bash him and his hunt. You are a very heartless human being.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Job Kid!!!!
One day I hope to shoot a bull that big.

Manboy,
Thats pretty lame,might as well take all the hunting from a vehical permits from the handi-cap and all the keys to the locked gates so they can't drive in on Natl' Forset.
I belive like you the HIGH fence hunt's are not fair chase,but hey there is a place for them and I stand behind that kid and his elk,well earned,well deserved.I hope his dad never finds ya,there might be a good old fashion A$$ Kick'in in order.

I don't know ya Blake,but ever wanna come out west for a Antelope or a Mulie,I'll take ya anytime.
BBJ
Old 04-26-2005, 04:38 PM

i live within 75 miles of where this tame elk was shot, and i elk hunt every year and have a success rate of 66%. and all where killed on public land. i am not bashing the kid on his hunt, anyone can hunt anyway they want. i am just saying in my OPINION that was not a hunt! if u choose to hunt private land and drive your truck to your house on stilts and sit in a lazyboy recliner and call it hunting then i feel sorry for you!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Manboy,

Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

wow

i see what your saying, ronnie, but i think youre message came out a little wrong. i agree, that was probably not the most difficult elk hunt in the history of the world, but he is a kid without a leg. i also do all of my elk hunting on public, in the high country, but i am happy for the kid here. bigger than any bull ive got yet (aLthough that will change in a few months). i know what you are saying, but i really think this was not the place to say it

this thread did just get a hell of a lot more interesting though
brad
Old 04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Great job Blake!! This fall will be my first elk hunt and I hope to have the chance on an elk like that. I'll bet you are on cloud nine! Just remember, in the real world there will always be idiots, i.e. manboy, just learn to tune them out and enjoy life. Some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut! Don't ever lower yourself to their standards. Be a man, not a manboy!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM

and remember there will always be people with MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS! like hunter _59 i bet u will pay a guide also hunter, and pay a land owner, wow what a fun hunt......NOT!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

So, you have a problem with all types of hunting, except of course the type of hunt that you do! I've heard alot of trash on this website but you take the cake!
Old 04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oops isp error - double post
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Obviously you need to be grounded manboy or should you I say change that to boyboy and mature some. I am truly happy for you and your daughter to experience your first hunt this year...something in all likelihood I will never experience with my youngest daughter! She just happens to have a rare muscle disease that will confine her to a wheelchair for life and being she can barely operate a pencil at the age of five I am not holding much hope she'll ever be able to shoot an animal on her own in any situation! I certainly don't expect you to understand what it is like but would hope you'd have the common couristy to respect others and the hardships they may face before commenting on something you know absolutely nothing about. Not everything is what it seems, my little girl while disabled has more will, determination and fight in her pinky than any rough and tumble mountain man could ever hope to have in lifetime. So please get off your soapbox and think for minute before you open your trap! I happen to believe very much in fair chase but have learned life isn't always fair to all and in the case of my daughter, this little boys and countless others have gotten the shaft on no account of their own but still thrive to live life to the fullest and teach us what is important truly is simply nothing short of amazing. We bump and bubble over the little adversities, stresses, hardship which really hail in comparison to what they face every minute/hour of each day, yet still they approach life with vigor, hope and strength. Spend some time with such individuals and you'll see what I mean...you'll go home counting your blessing but also a different man!

In many cases these accomplishments you or I take for granted are huge hurdles in their daily life and really amount to much more personal growth than doing it our way(the hard way..haha). I guess you've never known a cancer patient or disabled person,etc otherwise you'd realize accomplishment vary drasitically but are no less important or meaningful to the individual or those who are part of their lives. Seeing the smile on my daughters face being able to write her name unhelped is better than any animal I have harvested or other thing I have accomplished in my life!

Quick Reply: Determination!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.