Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Tent question

Old 04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tent question

The sheepherder's tent are great,but also you might try a calvary tent tepee style,they have a D-ring in the top,2 poles about 15 ft long,hook over the D-ring,as you push the poles up they spred out,stake the 4- corners and walla your done.We used alot of these on the cattle drives for the Guest's,sleep 2 great,3 ok.
or you can tie a rope to the D- ring toss over a branch pull tight tie off,stake corners down.This tent is quick to set up and mobile.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

PaRu - I can get a 10x12 Wall tent complete with an extra window, screen door and pole angles for close to that much from Davis, lol.

BBJ - The one you describe is the "Single pole" tent they have, though, the pole is in the inside, or it can be hung from a tree like you describe. Thanks for the info.

I am going to call and talk to Roy today, and check for sure on exactly the details of the sheepherder and single pole tents.

Thanks for the thoughts and info!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did call Davis today, and though I didn't actually talk to Roy (he was on the phone, and I was getting ready for work, and to go out of town tomorrow), I found out some information on the Single pole tent. It is made out of 10.10 Water/Mildew, as is the Sheepherder. There is also a ring in the top of the tent that allows it to be hung from a tree, and then staked down.

I think I am going to give this single pole tent a try. It seems to be the easiest/quickest for one person to set up, is fairly light, and still has the qualities of a larger tent does (ie: water and mildew resistance). It will also serve well as a storage tent for misc. gear when we build the cook shack to accompany my dad's 12X14X5 foot tent.

Thanks again for all of the input.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:58 PM

Take a look at this site;

www.airzonerecreation.com

The tents are kind of expensive but I've never seen such an easy setup.