Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

another wolf story

Old 03-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default another wolf story

http://helenair.com/articles/2005/03...1031605_02.txt

the town of avon is about 35 miles west of helena
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Default RE: another wolf story

Same re-occurring, standard, commonplace, ongoing wolf/federal caca --- still totally surreal IMHO though.

My favorite part was....
"..... He noted that one recent study showed that for every confirmed calf kill by wolves, there's anywhere from five to eight unconfirmed kills. ...."
Pro-wolf folks always pipe up and say, "Yeah, but ranchers get paid for their losses!" Yeah, right, getting a kill designated an "official wolf kill" is harder than pulling teeth and that is if you ever find the kill at all ---- ranches kinda tend to be large places and it's not like ranchers have nothing better to do than mount a vigil 24/7 and try to manage this "Disneylandish" problem that has been foisted upon them.

You might recall, I mentioned earlier (in my much maligned "told you so" post) that the previously gained right to "defend your property" against wolves when you "catch them in the act" had been rescinded --- now you don't even get to scare them off, just sit and watch'em eat. A travesty of justice IMO.... And to think we had this whole problem "cleaned up" at one point, couldn't just leave well enough alone.

I feel the next "wolf re-intorduction site" needs to be Central Park in NYC (or someplace similar in Los Angeles, CA), afterall wolves used to live there, there is abundant food and cover, and best of all the property rights of the individuals living in areas near re-introduction sites don't apparently count for much ---- so why not? The NYC problems with dog do-do on the sidewalks and drunks on the benches will likely drop dramatically and the park would likely return to a much more "natural state." Then grinning ranchers and newly enlightened New Yorkers would finally, truly have something in common.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Mmmmmmmm me thinks the shoot, shovel and shutupmethod is going to become common place. I was wondering, if one of these ranchers gets caught shooting a wolf and it goes to trial, what are the chances that he will be found quilty by 12 of his peers. They have to take the jury from the local area right?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM

Well Said!!

I feel the next "wolf re-intorduction site" needs to be Central Park in NYC (or someplace similar in Los Angeles, CA), afterall wolves used to live there, there is abundant food and cover, and best of all the property rights of the individuals living in areas near re-introduction sites don't apparently count for much ---- so why not? The NYC problems with dog do-do on the sidewalks and drunks on the benches will likely drop dramatically and the park would likely return to a much more "natural state." Then grinning ranchers and newly enlightened New Yorkers would finally, truly have something in common
Old 03-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Some times it's hard to be law biding and honest...which way does he turn?
I have a white wolf mounted in my den and I get alot of heat from different pepole.
The wolf Stays where it is at, pepole or no pepole!!!