Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

How often do you eat wild game?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:46 PM

Default How often do you eat wild game?

Just curious, how many times per week do you eat wild game or fish you caught? I usually eat moose, caribou, bear or deer three or four times a week and salmon or halibut once a week. Other nights I eat chicken or no meat at all. So I guess I eat stuff I caught or killed about five or six nights per week on average. I very rarely buy beef and just for a special occaision
Old 03-13-2005, 10:51 PM

Default RE: How often do you eat wild game?

I am a student so I am about as cheap as they come. My family also raises beef so they aren't to interested in eating wild meat therefore its up to me. I down at least one package of elk a day here with some deer sausage also. I like the meat but more so I am too cheap to go out and buy chicken. Runnin out of ideas on how to cook elk meat but I only have a month left here then back to mama's cookin and beef.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

We eat lots of elk. Probably anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 AM

Honestly, every day and usually 3 times a day unless I am out of town on business... Normally... breakfast, dinner and a snack.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 AM

I try to usually cook some up a few times a month. Two weekends ago though we were having my kids birthday at the house so I pulled out a couple packages of venison link sausage for me and my friends and hot dogs for the kids. Well we were there cooking and I noticed the kids were eating all the sausage and not the hot dogs ubtil I told them what it was and they all screamed and started after the hot dogs.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

three or four days a week. Sometimes more.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Normaly 2 to 3 times a day.It is elk deer moose or some kind of fish.

If home rased chicken counts than every meal I eat . mmmm I may eat srimp 9 or 10 times a year.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whenever it's in the freezer.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

4-5 days a week.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

I usually eat wild game 5-6 times a week. Mostly at dinner or for leftovers for lunch. If i'm not eating Elk I'll substitute rabbit for chicken or have fish.

Unless it's natural and not pumped up full of THINGS or lives in a $#!T house then I try to avoid it. I do have to make exceptions when we go out.

This may be PETA like......But I am NOT a fan of the way that our Beef, Chicken and Pigs are handled,treated and pumped up before they are sold to the markets. It's not not fair to the animal (no matter how dumb they are) and it's NOT healthy for our families!!!! ( No matter how much they say that it's OK)!

Did I open up a can or do you agree???
Just my 2 pesos

Bill

Quick Reply: How often do you eat wild game?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.