Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

Old 03-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemont

They do not care if you are a resident nor do the respect the chance that you as a resident may not get a tag either. They do not respect private lands nor do the care if they have to end your family traditions of hunting together. That is what I learned.

No you did not learn that... you might have deduced that from your converstation.
No that isn't what I deduced. Ole George said he didn't care if I ever draw a LE in my home state nor does he care if my kids ever get to hunt again in my, and their, home state. I bet neither do you SpyroAndes , as long you get what you believe is owed to you, that is all that matters to guys like you.

I hunt with and host NR hunters every year. I have met terrific people from all over the country. I understand the need for at least a 10% cap or more but there is simply no way to police and control a hunters with federal lands only permits. If the feds go to that and do not fund enforcement then that violates the unfunded mandate rule. In addition it will lead less access. I doubt the local taxpayers would then allow NR access to State School trust lands, nor would private deeded landowner allow tresspass any longer for land locked public lands.

I know it is no big deal to you because you will only be in any one state at most a couple of weeks every couple of years. So what would you care of taking care of any lands or even making sure you didn't stray off federal land. You would just as soon end hunting for every resident if it meant more for you. Unbelievable, in the end congress may act and/or the 9th circuit may get over turned then what will you do since you have alienated most of the residents in the west.

Nearly every none resident hunter I have met does not hold these attitudes. When I hunt as a none resident, as I have many times, I understand the rules and don't try to change them and look down on the locals as mere peons the way you do. Good luck in your quest, if you do hunt western states this year a little advice; I wouldn't voice them opinions of yours very loudly to the local hunters. May want to remove any evidence of your support of boy George also.

Nemont
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have to write them. Funny thing Randy, I am not liberal, let alone a bleeding heart.

Let me put it this way, my folks live about 2-miles from my house in Cali... I have the pleasure of knowing District 26 Representative David Drier (Rep), District 29 State Senator Bob Margett (Rep), District 59 State Assemblyman Mountjoy (Rep) and his father former District 59 State Assemblyman and District 29 State Senator Dick Mountjoy (Rep).

Heck, I have known one of the families for over 20 years because of politics and hunting.

You are barking up the wrong tree when I comes to my political leanings...
Oh, yeah??? Well, my daddy can beat up your daddy!!!! Grow UP!!!! Don't you even realize what you sound like??? My vote counts just as much as your vote does, buddy!! Sorry to disappoint you, but you hold the same value as any other human being. Even if you knew them you think your opinion is so valuable that they will vote your way because "you know them"???? LOLOLOLOLOL What a laugh!!! You must have a big head to think of yourself this way. EVERYONE WIDEN YOUR DOORWAYS!!! SPYROANDES IS COMING THROUGH!!!! LOLOLOL
Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Funny, I was born in Alaska... Grew up in California... Went back to Alaska... Currently a legal resident of Idaho... Working in California...

I hope you meet the residency requirements of Idaho and are not trying to claim residency in two states!!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you meet the residency requirements of Idaho and are not trying to claim residency in two states!!!!
Maybe that's his hope, that someday he won't have to risk getting caught breaking the law![]
Old 03-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

You should take a second to read what Taulman, USO and their buddies at Conservation Force think of resident hunters.

http://www.conservationforce.org/inf...cfm?art_id=100

The outfitters and guides that contribute so very much to auction revenue and the success of the industry’s major hunter conservation organizations have been taking a whipping for sticking up for nonresident rights
Apparently only auction tag revenue is what supports conservation and residents do nothing

The guiding industry will become more volatile as well as those nationwide organizations that depend upon outfitter hunt donations for all their conservation work.[
Did all you resident hunters out there know that the major "Nationwide Organizations" depend upon outfitters for "all" conservation work. I guess the stuff I have helped with was effective at all because I am not an outfitter.

Amazing insight direct from Conservation Force.

Nemont
Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

All I can say is that if I was a resident and couldn't get a tag but a non resident was getting them I'd be mad as a wet hornet!! I appreciate the opportunity to apply for and to hunt these western states when I get picked and have met some nice folks along the way.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 AM
PLB

Funny you mention that ironranger. I was at a recent AZ game & fish meeting and they predict (based upon saved up bonus points) that there will be more nonresidents drawn for bull elk and mule deer north of the Kiabab than residents for the next two years.

I have lived in AZ for 8 1/2 years and have yet to see a bull elk tag and have only had one coues white tail tag.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: PLB

Funny you mention that ironranger. I was at a recent AZ game & fish meeting and they predict (based upon saved up bonus points) that there will be more nonresidents drawn for bull elk and mule deer north of the Kiabab than residents for the next two years.

I have lived in AZ for 8 1/2 years and have yet to see a bull elk tag and have only had one coues white tail tag.
That is because there are 1,000s of nonresidents that are maxxed out on bonus points in Arizona. While the average resident was drawing a tag with 4-8 bonus points.

The funny thing is that I have been accused of many things on this board... especially by the wyoming contigent... like wanting to take away opportunity from the little guy or just wanting better chances at drawing a tag... but many are too ignorant to realize that I would have better odds of drawing these tags with the current system.

In wyoming for example, in the special nonresident draw for lets say deer, I have better odds of drawing a tag than a resident.

Lets look at some of the data...

Unit ---Res-----NR-------SNR
060----21%----25%-----100%
082----11%----100%----100%
089----25%----15%-----44%
090----9%------11%----28%
101----19%-----10%----33%
102----11%-----5%------15%
109----9%------10%-----15%
125----24%-----12%-----32%
128----6%------3%-------4%

So in ever tough draw in the State of Wyoming for Deer, resident draw of 25% or less, the nonresident special draw ($473 pool) offers much better draw odds on 7 of the 9 hunts, better draw odds on 1 of the 9 hunts (102) and slightly worse draw odds on 1 of the 9 hunts (128).

If these was about me being greedy and wanting tags, why would I ruin my good thing that I have going in a state like Wyoming?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
PLB

ORIGINAL: SpyroAndes

That is because there are 1,000s of nonresidents that are maxxed out on bonus points in Arizona. While the average resident was drawing a tag with 4-8 bonus points.

That is true in regards to the non-res but for the average resident 4-8 bonus points....I would be currious as to where you got that info.

I do know of AZ residents that would put in with non-res family members (on the same tag) to get in on the 10% of tags set aside for non-res. They seemed to get drawn every 2-3 years.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

If these was about me being greedy and wanting tags, why would I ruin my good thing that I have going in a state like Wyoming?
Then why do you want to ruin a good thing for yourself? I have talked to NR hunters regarding what would be fair to everyone and NOBODY has come up with a workable system that is fair to everyone. I wouldn't be opposed to more NR tags or some different system of drawing tags but I don't think it is right that NR get preference over residents. That is was boy George is pushing for landowner tags and preference of wealthy NR hunters over resident hunters.

Nobody has put forth a way to issue just federal lands permits that is both workable and enforceable. Nor has anyone who supports that idea came up with a fund the enforcement on federal lands. You can't expect the states to do it nor could you limit resident hunters with OTC resident tags access to federal lands.

You may want to review who you are getting into bed with in USO and their counterpart, Conservation Force. While you say you don't support USO with $$$ you do support what they are trying to do. Go look a conservation force's website and see who they draw their money from.

Nemont

Quick Reply: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.