Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

Old 03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

If it's the right of the fed then perhaps you should apply to Washington DC for your elk permit--as long as you promise to stay on federal land like a good little boy
Old 03-11-2005, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

If it's the right of the fed then perhaps you should apply to Washington DC for your elk permit--as long as you promise to stay on federal land like a good little boy

What a witty and intelligent reply.

I guess this is your way of conceeding the topic?

Or are you actually deluded enough to believe that the State of Wyoming would voluntarily hand over all the fish/wildlife in Yellowstone Park to the Feds so the Feds could make money on it?

The Feds decided to make the $ on Yellowstone. Just like the Feds could decide to make $ off all the wildlife on Federal Land if they so desired.

SA.

PS. Do you actually believe that most of the best hunting in the Western US is not on Federal Land? I would jump at that deal. Give equal opportunity for access to all the Federal Lands in the US w/o trying to bleed me for every lat cent. Where do I sign?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess this is your way of conceeding the topic?
Actually the whole topic at hand is all lands, not just federal, which yes seems to be your way of eluding the topic.

quote:

What a witty and intelligent reply.

SpyroAndes

No doubt... It is the People's Republic of Kansas and the People's Republic of Wyoming trying to keep the evil invaders out of their motherlands.
No offense, but what a big statement to make; you obviously don't read your own posts.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I got tired of reading all these NR vs. resident battles over what is happening. I emailed USO and basically asked George Taulman what exactly would make him happy. Well after he called me a "typical greedy resident" amongst other things it became clear what exactly he wants.

He wants equal access for all NR hunters. No 10% cap or any cap for that matter. I asked at least three times point black about this and each time the answer was the same. There are roughly 3,000 NR hunters supporting the lawsuits by giving money. Out of all the NR hunters who hunt the various western states 3,000 of them don't appreciate the hunting opportunities and don't want to stand in line to get to hunt where ever and when ever they want. They do not care if you are a resident nor do the respect the chance that you as a resident may not get a tag either. They do not respect private lands nor do the care if they have to end your family traditions of hunting together. That is what I learned.

I am curious how anyone could police a situation where someone holds a tag for federal land but not for state land, indian trust land, and private deeded land? Who is going to patrol the millions of acres of checkerboarded land? On my family's ranch and my inlaws ranch the land is all intermixed and you can't access most of the federal lands without crossing privated deeded land. How are you going to enforce such a cumbersome and expensive system. Maybe by charging the NR more so that the government can afford all the LEO's it will require. Because the tags a resident would recieve would have to be good through out the state including Federal lands only the NR would create the bulk of the enforcement problem. Becareful what you wish for you may just get it.

Nemont
Old 03-11-2005, 05:11 PM

quote:

quote:

That would be another problem with a federal permit, who would obey the boundries? Federal is intermingled with private, state and county land here in Wy. You have a federal tag, the elk swarm to the areas with less pressure, that being private and state. Then, what we have to buy another tag to hunt the state land?

Spiro, you still can't answer, what advantage is there to being a resident? As a resident you have no rights?

Sorry but you will never convince me that all federal lands should be open equal to everyone. The feds have concieded National Forest and BLM lands with wildlife to be managed by the states in which they lie. I guess if you are so unhappy, write your congressman. Other wise quit whinning, and for God's sake don't move to Wyoming. We have enough of you whinning, bleeding heart, liberal types!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: RandyA

That would be another problem with a federal permit, who would obey the boundries? Federal is intermingled with private, state and county land here in Wy. You have a federal tag, the elk swarm to the areas with less pressure, that being private and state. Then, what we have to buy another tag to hunt the state land?
Frankly, I don't think the Feds will want to even under take such a task because, if they did, they would have never given the task to the states to begin with.

I do think that the Feds will dictate, actaully they already have, equal opportunity to all public lands and, will soon dictate, equal pricing as requirements for the States to continue to manage wildlife on Federal Lands.

Spiro, you still can't answer, what advantage is there to being a resident? As a resident you have no rights?
Yes, you will still have rights. Hunting for essentially free at the expense of the nonresident just won't be one of them.

Sorry but you will never convince me that all federal lands should be open equal to everyone.
Tell that to my father...

A man that came to this country at the age of 17 with $10 to his name and a scholarship to an Ivy League School. A man, who after finishing his Phd in Applied Physics, enlisted in Air Force and was in active service from 1965 until 1972.

Btw, the only time I have ever seen him cry was when we went to DC and he absolutely broke down at the Vietnam Memorial.

I dare you to tell him that you have more right to that Federal Land than him...

The feds have concieded National Forest and BLM lands with wildlife to be managed by the states in which they lie.
Funny, you just told me that the feds had zero legal claim to the wildlife...

I guess if you are so unhappy, write your congressman. Other wise quit whinning, and for God's sake don't move to Wyoming. We have enough of you whinning, bleeding heart, liberal types!
I don't have to write them. Funny thing Randy, I am not liberal, let alone a bleeding heart.

Let me put it this way, my folks live about 2-miles from my house in Cali... I have the pleasure of knowing District 26 Representative David Drier (Rep), District 29 State Senator Bob Margett (Rep), District 59 State Assemblyman Mountjoy (Rep) and his father former District 59 State Assemblyman and District 29 State Senator Dick Mountjoy (Rep).

Heck, I have known one of the families for over 20 years because of politics and hunting.

You are barking up the wrong tree when I comes to my political leanings...

SA
Old 03-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually this whole thing is about the rights of the state as stated in the Constitution of the United States of America---Bill of rights---Article X

Amendment X - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Nemont

He wants equal access for all NR hunters. No 10% cap or any cap for that matter. I asked at least three times point black about this and each time the answer was the same.
And the Feds agreed with him in their ruling. It is the reason why Arizona has now made trophy elk hunts a $3400 tag. Their are trying to limit nonresident applicants by making the tag outrageously expensive.

There are roughly 3,000 NR hunters supporting the lawsuits by giving money. Out of all the NR hunters who hunt the various western states 3,000 of them don't appreciate the hunting opportunities and don't want to stand in line to get to hunt where ever and when ever they want.
So you assume that they only people that support his side of this case contribute money to his legal fund?

They do not care if you are a resident nor do the respect the chance that you as a resident may not get a tag either. They do not respect private lands nor do the care if they have to end your family traditions of hunting together. That is what I learned.
No you did not learn that... you might have deduced that from your converstation.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just went back and re-read the little letter that was also included, the one to send to your congressman. this little tid bit makes me scratch my head
We are supposed to be one indivisible nation. In fact, foreigners may have greater rights to equal access on federal lands than me and my family.
How the heck do ya figure that "foreigners may have greater rights to equal access on federal lands than me and my family"
Someone, please explain that to me. In this state you have to show proof of residency for 6 months to be eligible for any resident hunting license, and as far as I know, if you're a foreigner just here visiting, that don't cut it!
If what USO is pleading is so true, why is it that so many sponsers pulled away from them. Is it that they can see through all the smoke!!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:21 PM

quote: Yes, you will still have rights. Hunting for essentially free at the expense of the nonresident just won't be one of them.
Even though we pay taxes and support our state year round it is considerd free? And hunting just on federal land, not crossing onto public, state or county won't happen?
You and the George Taulman are wanting states to give up any rights and allow cry babies such as you to hunt for free and have unlimited access to tags.. Your father can hunt any time he draws a tag and $290 won't break him.

Tell that to my father...
A man that came to this country at the age of 17 with $10 to his name and a scholarship to an Ivy League School. A man, who after finishing his Phd in Applied Physics, enlisted in Air Force and was in active service from 1965 until 1972.

Btw, the only time I have ever seen him cry was when we went to DC and he absolutely broke down at the Vietnam Memorial

Then you tell my father who fought in WW2, served with distinction on the USS Boise, which fought at Guadicanal, was credited with sinking many Japenese ships, that he can't hunt because some liberal kalifornian draws instead of a resident, who's family can be traced back, to coming to this country in 1793, to NY state, then Wisconsin, then Missiouri, then Wyoming in the early 1800's.

Keep trying whiner! I have faith in my elected officials, they will make the right decision, to give and keep states rights, that were granted by the constitution, by the blood of many who fought and died to give us our rights. Not by some disgrunteld out of state person who has a better idea evey time they get a whime to do so.

Quick Reply: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.