Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Caribou Hunting from Tent

Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 AM
DM

Default RE: Caribou Hunting from Tent

but freezing and starving is not my idea of a good time........
I never froze and i never starved!!! I hauled plenty of good food in and timed it to run out the last day in camp, like potatoes, bacon, fruit, and other things i normally ate at home. I also carried a bit of freeze dried food to be used in an emergency in case my ride didn't show up!! (yes it happened more than once)

As for freezeing, that's what good clothing is for!!!! That's why i said to buy the best!!! A small tent will warn up from body heat a LOT faster than a bigger tent will, and if you heat the tent all the time you will be cold every time you walk away from the stove, instead of getting use to it!!! In an emergency you can heat the tent up a little with the cook stove.

My age and what year it is now has nothing to do with how i hunted!!! If you buy good clothing and actually go hunting instead of sitting around feeding the stove, you won't get cold.

I'd not have a problem going out and hunting tomorrow the same way i always have, as i bought good equipment, and i still have it. My best quality Eddie Bauer sleeping bad (rated for -30) that i bought a LONG time ago still looks like new and keeps me just as warm as it always did. Also i still have the same tent, cook stove, and much of the same clothing that i used and TOOK CARE OF!!!

I NEVER had any problems finding excelent hunting area's, and the reason is, i don't need to haul a motel out on hunts, so i could go where the hunting is best!!!

Anyway, i just tried to help you with another option to an successful hunt.

Drilling Man

Old 03-22-2005, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Caribou Hunting from Tent

Nice Caribou you have there........definatly jealous!!!

As for the way you hunt i applaud you for that.......however the only way i would be able to hunt that way was if i was by myself (and no doubt you want to hunt by yourself) but i think i would like to bring some buddies along sometimes though......anyways thanks for the help and good job on that hunt