Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Resident vs. Nonresident

Old 03-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Resident vs. Nonresident

Too bad you can classify hunting in the same category as golf. To you killing an animal is a sport?????????????????...... Well to me and about 90% of the rest of us on this board. It is not only a way of life but a way of providing life to our families. It just shows right there that you my friend do not have any respect for what many people still use as a primary means of sustenance!!!
A Constitutional amendment????? Absolutely!!!!!!!

Arkansas
It was a comparison "DUMB ASS" And people like Spiro Andes, what ever the hell that is, and George Taulman want is more commercialazation of hunting. To make it harder and more expensive for the little guy. If it is life and death for you then you should be fighting these peoples ideas and goals with all your might. Write a letter to your US Senator! Supporting the bill to give rights to the states instead of the federal judges.

Some people pay to golf, pay to fish, pay for other choices in thier life. I will pay for the privelege to hunt, and support individual states rights.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Glob3006,

very good post, I learn something new every day.

A never knew that your were a left coaster or a transplanted Kalifornian pushing your left coast views on your new residence.

Kalifornia had the right to hunt & fish in their constituition since 1910 and now commies, like you, want it enacted in other Western States! Go back to Kalifornia!

Seriously, I found it interest to see how many states had enacted "Right to Hunt" amendments.

And yes, everyone does pay into PR when they buy outdoor sporting equipment, so yes I agree... when you come to California, you should pay the same rate and have the same opportunity as the residents.

By are we even sure that anyone in Wyoming has bought anything in the last year that has a PR tax?

We keep hearing how doubling or tripling resident tag prices (from $47 for elk to $100 or $150) would eliminate them as hunters because they can not afford it.

What is the PR tax on a $15 box of ammo?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:23 PM

I guess if you don't agree with NR fees, then pack up and move! But leave your liberal ideas at home!

If hunting fees should be equal in all states then make eveything equal, fishing, driving, college,taxes, food, utillities, housing, why just hunting? All of the above have some form of federal intervention.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

It was a comparison "DUMB ASS"............................. DUMB ASS!@#$
Lets keep it neat eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how did I become a Liberal and a DUMB ASS in the span of about 5 min??????

You guys are all over the place with this............... I think I know where Spyro stands. But RandyA ...............YOU are for WHAT??????? Again????????????
Old 03-08-2005, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: RandyA

It was a comparison "DUMB ASS" And people like Spiro Andes, what ever the hell that is, and George Taulman want is more commercialazation of hunting. To make it harder and more expensive for the little guy. If it is life and death for you then you should be fighting these peoples ideas and goals with all your might. Write a letter to your US Senator! Supporting the bill to give rights to the states instead of the federal judges.

Some people pay to golf, pay to fish, pay for other choices in thier life. I will pay for the privelege to hunt, and support individual states rights.
After seeing how you interact with people, adversaries and allies, and how you struggle to convey your point with resorting to insults and childish tactics, like name calling, I must ask, why do you feel it is necessary?

Do you not believe that you are articulate enough to strongly express your opinion w/o it?

Personally, I believe that you are so try to refrain from such behavior in the future.

The best policy is to treat this as a guys sitting around the campfire. You talk to some people, in person, like you have talked to them on this thread, and you'd be spitting teeth.

Anyway, back to the topic...

Of course, George Taulman is looking at the expense of these lawsuits as an investment in USO.

If the lawsuits weren't for the financial benifit of USO, he'd be an absolute fool to spend that kind of money.

Frankly, the only reason why states have been able to exploit non-resident hunters for so long is because nobody had the money, the will or the determination to spend the money to take on the states for their own personal benifit. The guys that have that kind of $ just avoid the entire draw system by purchasing governor's permit and landowner tags.

I'd like to see all the concessions made to outfitters, like seperate drawings for guided clients, be eliminated.

I think that Mr Taulman would take issue with my views.

SA
Old 03-08-2005, 07:53 PM

[quote]quote:

Too bad you can classify hunting in the same category as golf. To you killing an animal is a sport?????????????????...... Well to me and about 90% of the rest of us on this board. It is not only a way of life but a way of providing life to our families. It just shows right there that you my friend do not have any respect for what many people still use as a primary means of sustenance!!!
A Constitutional amendment????? Absolutely!!!!!!!

You were putting words in my mouth! PERIOD!

I am for states rights, one being management of wildlife within its boundries, with out intervention from a person trying to commercialize, more than it already is, some thing that is dear to me! HUNTING!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

As I said in my first post on this subject. I do believe that nonresident tags are too expensive and that the price should come down. But..........I also believe that a resident or residents should be allocated more tags than a nonresident. So is it the PRICE or is the ALLOTMENT were talking about because there are usually plenty of leftover and OTC tags in Colorado to be had and we are all on a points sys. as well

And just for the record I don't have to go back to California for I am a LIFE LONG Colorado Resident and most of the rest of my family are settlers from WY. MT. SD. & NM!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:00 PM

I would like to see residents take sides with thier respective states, financially, to file a counter suit! Then it would be residents against nonresisdents, with money and numbers. Then we could see where that would go and see where hunting would end up! Wouldn't the non hunters love that?????

But alas it won't go that far, as soon as the Senate bill passes, it will be a while before some one attempts to take states rights away again. Using the interstate commerce act as reasonsing is beyond reason to me. Like I said, then we should be able to sell the entire animal, right?

What about making all things in all states equal? You never quoted or answerd that! isn't there a name for that? Communism?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:04 PM

As I said in my first post on this subject. I do believe that nonresident tags are too expensive and that the price should come down. But..........I also believe that a resident or residents should be allocated more tags than a nonresident. So is it the PRICE or is the ALLOTMENT were talking about because there are usually plenty of leftover and OTC tags in Colorado to be had and we are all on a points sys. as well
SA wants both, if you don't raise prices some where how do you manage and support your G&F departments? Taxes? It costs more every year to run an organization that size, and with the endangered species act growing each year and costing more and more with out any revenue, how else do you pay for a dead horse???

Case in point, the WYG&F pays over $1,000,000 per year to manage grizzly bears, USF&W kick in $300,000, where does this money come from? License sales!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:09 PM

THey have to pay the bills, wages, and manage. Raise our fees, they are planning on it for next year, what choice do they have? The Taulman suit would benefit the state, as more NR tags would be availible for a some what higher price.

Quick Reply: Resident vs. Nonresident

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.