Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Favorite Camo Pattern.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Favorite Camo Pattern.

I was looking the sea of camo patters out there in the market.I decided against any thing with scent-loc.I was just wondring on paterns.
I was in Billings yesterday and they had a big sale on Camo clothes and I bought several diffrent kinds.
I bought some Prairie ghost sagebrush(for down on the river)I bought some ASAT camo Suit(this stuff looks like a good all around camo),some predator camo and some Prairie Ghost Ridge runner(pine trees).
I was wondering about mix and matching patterns.

How about you guys,I'm going to try out diffent colors this spring hunting trukeys they seem to have the best eyes.
How long to elk season,boy this is going to be tuff.
BBJ
Old 02-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favorite Camo Pattern.

I use Predator, it works excellent for my areas and it lasts! The patterns I use depends on the area, I believe in matching the terrain somewhat with the camo pattern that only makes sense but the real meat is outline breakup for concealment. You make the blob effect go away and you'll be more than satisfied with the camo or pattern you have chosen. The camo is only as effective as your set up in the first place it will not make a difference if you forget this component.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The camo I have is "Real Tree Xtra Brown, but I am interested in Cabelas Seclusion 3D. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

BBJ,

I have been using the Cabelas Seclusion 3D and their Pine tree pattern. I don't really know if the Elk can tell ( I tend to shoot first and ask ?? later) I will sometimes use the pine pattern for a top and the 3D for a bottom. You know like a tree.

But I do think they are the best cammo patterns for moutain hunting.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:35 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Jack, you chose the only camo that I buy, most camos seem to be designed to get the hunter who has to have the latest look ! I always mix my camo to help break up my human form but like everyone else said if your set-up isn't good then all the camo in the world won't help.