Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk callers beware!

Old 02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Elk callers beware!

I didn't make the show in Denver over the weekend, but Audrey did and won. So she will be pumped up for Salt Lake, be ready! The gentleman that delivers bread to the school I work at is a guide here in CO. He went to the show and watched, I have inside info now. His run down was pretty much what I figured I would hear. Then I told him why it happened, Audrey winning, he understood perfectly. For those of you that know Miss Audrey, you know the deal. And for those who don't, well you will soon. Am I worried, not in the least!
Gselkhunter
Old 02-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk callers beware!

Don't know Audrey!! But remember you speaking of her in the past. I believe you mentioned she was married at one time to another comp caller? I could be wrong, I'm getting old you know!!!---------Sounds like you're ready to take on all challengers as well. That's the attitude, we don't want no girly men there!!!!!!-------Good Luck to you!!ElkNut1
Old 02-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Girly Men?????? Should I leave my man purse at home??????
Old 02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The good thing (for me) is that its my understanding that Audrey will be compeating in the Pro Division she is sponsored by H-S Strut, I will be calling in the adult division. If they let me I will also compeat in the Best of the West against the pros. Chad are you planning to compeat against the pros. Or are you just planning on compeating in the adult? Last year their was not a adult or pros division, we were all grouped into just an adult or child/teens division.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should add thats it's my dream that someday others will fear me like that too. they will say oh no, crap Idahoelkinstructor is here compeating, too!!!!!! Man, I am toast. (grin) It would be all out of fun though. In all honesty, I treasure my friendships and hunting partners very very much. To be able to win a competition is a bonus, but to be able to call in an elk for friends and family,well, that is too awesome to describe. Now, I just need to find someone who can return the favor and call one in for me!! [&:]
Old 02-02-2005, 07:06 AM

idaho, i hope you kick elkcrazys butt, his ego is starting to get the best of him, LOL. I swear his head is about twice the size, since he's been winning some of the competitions. Good Luck to all, and have FUN!!!
RobinHood36>>>------------>
Old 02-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

You know it is kind of funny that all the people that I beat in the past are now working for H.S. and I am sitting on the sideline. Irony is a weird thing. You guys know that since I no longer work for H.S. I can call in adult! Scare ya a little.
Gselkhunter
Old 02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

gselkhunter, just a little bit,,,, I tip my hat to you and can only hope to someday be good enough that a call manufacture will want to sponsor me too. Not saying I would be able too if family and work conflicted, but just to be asked would be an honor. For the last couple years my biggest problem has been lack of time to practice. Right now with two very young kids at home, plus my wife going to school doing her classed on line (insert being quiet, or trying to be quiet at home) and with work (construction), even though its slow for me right now. I haven't been able to practice like I have wanted to. But I will even if I have to drive 5 minutes out in the country and practice. The show is almost a month away so its now or never for me. Again I don't expect to win, I don't have enough experience with competitions to know what the judges want to hear. But I also I don't want to look like a fool either, and with practice that will not happen. With some people it might even seem to look like that I know what I am doing so to speak. lol, I do look foward to meeting you, and being able to learn from you and others as well. I'll second good luck to everyone.

P.S., gselk, you realy need to compeate in the best of the west, that way Audrey will maybe beat you this time.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

RobinHood36, you should come and join us, even if you just come to watch, and BTW the expo by itsself is something to behold. It shoud be a lot of fun for all. As far as kicking Chad's butt (as you put it), well I have never called against him or heard him but I have talked to him and Paul, and I trust thier judgment in saying he's good. Plus the fact that he won the ISBA in stanley (which I haven't been to yet) tells me he is no greenhorn with an elk call. But I am no greenhorn either so may the best man win and hope that our friendship can only grow from thier . After all he invited me to hunt turkeys wtih him!!!!! (grin) To be honest I put him on the spot with that, and indicated that I have never hunted turkeys before and I wanted to realy, realy bad. And asked him if he could point me in the right direction. So his head can't be too big, if he is helping out a fellow hunter?? I will in some way return the favor some day!!!!!
Jason aka idahoelkinstuctor
Old 02-02-2005, 03:02 PM

idaho-- Been thinking about trying to make it, I would also like to meet everyone, and i know it will be a great time; as for the longbeards(turkeys) i would stay on him, i have been twisting chad's arm for two years now, going on 3yrs this spring to take me and he keeps leaveing me behind, he must have one heck of a honey hole--even though he is my ex-brother-in-law, i still claim him--- but been thinking about having him put up for adoption lately<grin>

RobinHood36>>>------------>

Quick Reply: Elk callers beware!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.