Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk callers beware!

Old 02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk callers beware!

Corey I have been hitting the state stuff, Rv & boat show in march. I didn't even make it to the CBA Jamboree the last 2 years, always fun. New wife, new home, new baby, just staying close to home[cost factor]. It was different when Dave was paying for everything. For everybody else, that is David Forbes, owner of Hunter's Specialties. But I have been working on my calling, like always. It would be a privilege to get my butt kicked in Salt Lake by you. I am only hoping that I can still beat Audrey. Between the two of you I not sure who is the bigger challenge, both of you are very good! Maybe we will get to see. I do agree with you on the level of calling in the mens division. With guys like Shawn Conquest in there. You know Shawn don't you, he won the mens 3 years in a row. The last one was Reno I believe. Anyway, we work on calling and shootin arrows over at his metal shop, good time. So I am still in the wings and I am still elk hunting. You never know where I will pop up next.
Gselkhunter/ Gregg
Old 02-28-2005, 03:07 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that Walt Ramage (Primos) won the professional division of the RMEF World Championship Elk Calling contest in Portland over the weekend. Walt is a great guy and a great caller, and a very gracious winner. I can't think of a more deserving Champion! Congrats Walt!

Corey
Old 02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buglelk1, how did Steve make out? I was over at Frank McCutchins last night and he said he heard that Steve made the finals. Is that true?????