Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where would you live/retire?

Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 PM

Default RE: Where would you live/retire?

ORIGINAL: BareBack Jack

I live in Centeral MT and to tell you the truth it ain't that great,I would look at moving to Colorado or Cleavland.
I can see you've never been in Cleveland when the river was on fire. [&o]
Old 02-06-2005, 04:28 AM

If you want to hunt and cach some fish then Iceland is the place!
In my area we have one of the biggest population of greylags in the world plus alot of other waterfowl! Seals you can hunt for free all year around and we have too many of them! Reindeer in the fall and Arctic fox and rock ptarmigan in the winter plus all the ducks and seabirds!
You pay once a year 20-30$ for general hunting licence on ALL species exept reindeer!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will retire in 3 years. There will be an opening with my company in New Mexico early nest year. This is where I plan to set up my lawn chair and beer cooler. [8D]
Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 PM

Utah, Wyoming, or Montana. White mountains of Arizona would be another choice.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:43 PM

Rob I made the move 18 months ago. From Northfield Vt. to Wy. Best thing I ever did. There is more room than you can imagine. Try imagining driving from Montpeiler to Burlington and not seeing any houses, only antelope and cattle. It takes some getting use to. The best way to describe it is the opposite of VT. Sunny most of the time and very dry. Wyoming has the fewest people and lots of public land blm and national forest. Wy also has lots of elk antelope and deer. Tags for residents are over the counter. Propery costs about the same as Vt. taxes are way cheaper. Hope this helps. Just so you know I was born and raised in VT, I'll never live there again.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alaska in the summer and Mexico in the winter. The best of both worlds.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really don't want to move to Montana. To cold, many freakin Californians. Hunting and fishing is terrible. You have to drive for hours just to get out of the town.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: stuckinthereeds

You really don't want to move to Montana. To cold, many freakin Californians. Hunting and fishing is terrible. You have to drive for hours just to get out of the town.
There are a lot of ex Californians everywhere you go. When we landed here we knew it was the right place because my wife told a lady in Wally's she'd lived in CA for 32 years, and the reply was, "Oh, you poor thing".
Old 02-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see california tags moving in all around and bringing their Hilliary ideas here and wanting to change it here like it was back in california, just don't get me started on that one as this california newbie here in our small towne of 1500 people is running for mayor, he says he's going to clean up towne. I see him in town at times and at the NRA banquet for the past two years and the only way he can retire here is because I know that he has suied people and businesses in the past. [:@][:@][:@]
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 121553

I see california tags moving in all around and bringing their Hilliary ideas here and wanting to change it here like it was back in california, just don't get me started on that one as this california newbie here in our small towne of 1500 people is running for mayor, he says he's going to clean up towne. I see him in town at times and at the NRA banquet for the past two years and the only way he can retire here is because I know that he has suied people and businesses in the past. [:@][:@][:@]
If you are lucky he's got that money cause he sold a house in Orange County, which is where all the "conservatives" lived. If your not lucky, he got rich in Hollyweird. [X(]

Quick Reply: Where would you live/retire?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.