Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

Old 01-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

I am not always a take charge type of guy, but also not one to sit around and wait for someone else to do it. I want to know who would like to come to dinner in Salt Lake before the calling contest on Sunday. It would be Saturday Night March 19 at 7:00 or so. If its O.K. with everyone I will even call Rodeico's and try to give them a head count and a time that we could meet. I know that elknut, elkcrazy8, gselkhunter and rather_be_huntin are comming but are there any others? Just let us know and tell us how many are comming with you. I have eaten there twice and if you like a good steak or a variety of meat then its the place to be. I should add that it costs about $18-$20 per person, and its all you can eat, but not a buffet. Is that to expensive for everyone, if so no problem we can choose somewhere else. Also what time would be good for everyone? Is 7:00 to early? If it is let us know so we can all meet and be together. I hope that I am not stepping on any toes or offending anyone by taking the initiative and making plans for the group. If so I am sorry.
Just to let everyone know I along with my wife and 2 kids are comming. I also have a neighbor who wants to tag along to see the contest and the expo, he is just learning about elk hunting so he want to soak up as much info as possiable. If its O.K. with you all I will also invite him to dinner. But if you want to just keep it to members here on the form I understand.

elkcarzy8, Chad I assume that your better half will be there too? Also I want to call you to ask some questions about 3-D shooting, but I can't find your number from when you posted it before. Of course I bet we will end up talking elk hunting too.

elknut, Paul I will plan on both you and your wife being there.

Gselkhunter, Gregg I am also guessing your wife will be along?

rather_be_huntin, Kris its the same question for you?

Thanks Jason.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

That sounds like a good plan to me. I don't see any reason to keep it members only, the more the merrier. My wife left me last summer and I'm still unattached so it'll be just me. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

idahoelkinstructor--You have it correct! It'll be both my wife and I. the resteraunt sounds fine with me. Thanks! ---------------------------------ElkNut1--Paul
Old 01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I sent you a PM with my phone number. That sounds great for dinner. Give me a call if you want some time
Old 02-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Is Paul buying, I started, I mean heard that rumor somewhere. Tammy and I have had a bad money start to this year, but we are still in and Sat night sounds great. Is that with or without calls? What kind of place/ dress? I don't do ties well! All I will need is directions on how to get there. Will you guys be at the show all day and leave from there?
Gselkhunter/ Gregg
Old 02-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nora and I will probably be coming in from her cousins house. When are the preliminaries, sign ups, ect so I can make sure that I get my schedule right. We will be coming in on fri. night and leaving on mon morning.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Elkcrazy8--Don't ask gselkhunter, he'll mislead you, I think he's a little intimidated. Did you read his new post? I think he told Audrey the contest was a week later than it really is so he doesn't have to call against her!!!!!

The show is March 17-20
http://www.sportsexpos.com/index.cfm...cationnumber=7
This is the info page.
http://www.centralmontanaoutfitters....o_register.php

This is the info about the contest, gselkhunter sent me a while back! Good Luck to you too!! I think you'll need it, Gregg is serious!!!!------------------------------>ElkNut1
Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, I can not submit my form and sent an e-mail to try to register that way. I am entering the adult division for my first go around. I also got an error when I tried to look at the rules. When do we have to be there for our first calling episode?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Elknut1 your age is showing again, I am the one who has never lost to Audrey! I not telling you it won't happen, it might, just hasn't yet. So be afraid, very very afraid.

Elkcrazy8, I just sent an E-mail to Chad to register a while back and he put me in. I sent another one tonight to find out how this thing is goin to run. My understanding was the comp was just Sunday afternoon. When Chad sends me info I will post it to you guys.
Gselkhunter
Old 02-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Golly guys, is the rut on already???????????

Quick Reply: Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.