Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

Old 02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk Calling Contest Dinner?

Elkcrazy8, Elknut1 just wants to meet a girl that can out call him, that is Audrey! Idahoelkinstructor faced her last year ask him, he knows what I am saying is true! She is world class.
Gselkhunter
Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy8 oh yea my friend the rut and game is on its on all the way big time. Like I told you on the phone I don't expect to win or be in the very top but I will learn and inprove that much more for the next go around. That will be in Stanley if all goes well for me this summer. Anyway from the sounds of it, this year will be a bigger year, meaning that the winners of other contests from each expo from the different shows will be invited to the final show in SLC. I'am guessing the outcome of the first set of rounds will be the winners of the SLC show. Then the winner or maybe the top 3 will compeate in the finals from all the other shows? And the winner of that will be the winner of all the Expos? I could be wrong, Greg if I am, please correct me.

Oh, I almost forgot,,,, about Audrey,,,,, is she good??????? NAH, Not Realy,,,, After all she is only the RMEF Womens Division Champion several years running. She only chewed me up and spit me out and made me look like a fool compared to her.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

You got to hand it to someone who can win comps many times!! It shows dedication, hard practice, and commitment to wanting to be the best!! It doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman!! Besides I'm there to watch & learn not compete- (i'm afraid of her)

Gregg---I don't do ties either!!!!---------------------------------------------->ElkNut1
Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

For dinner the dress is casual only, as far as calls go at dinner,,,,,, well,,,,,,, that would be fun. Not sure what others will think but we'll quickly find out.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Idahoelkinstructor, I am waiting to see how Chad is going to run this thing, but I think you have it right. When he replies to my Email I will post it here so everybody knows the deal.
Gselkhunter
Old 02-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

gselk, correct me if I am wrong but Chad (I don't know his last name) is the same fellow that hosted the calling contest in SLC last year. And he is a past pro national champion of RMEF?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

idahoelkinstructor---Yes, that's what's happening! The hosts name is Chad Shearer, (spelling) he is a former winner!-------------------------------------->ElkNut1
Old 02-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Yes Chad is a past winner, Salt Lake I think 98? Chad was working for Knight & Hale at that time. He Emailed me back, But I forgot to tell him I was talking Salt Lake, So I am still waiting for the info.
Gselkhunter