Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting aint hunting anymore

Old 01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting aint hunting anymore

James B, I do agree with you 100%, my point is that when you use a trophy status to put yourself above another then theres a problem. I will never stop someone from hunting a canned hunt but I don't have to show my respect or admiration either. Like I said before if you killed a trophy animal in a fenced in area, or even a fee ranging ranch that bates in and grows big animals, or a indian reservation that you have to pay $10,000 or more just to hunt. Then don't bother telling me about your hunting experience because it was store bought and not earned.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:50 PM

Just read Idaho's disertation on page 3; that was great reading!

All I can perhaps add is this: why have some of my most memorable hunts ended with me being dog-tired/scatched-up/bug-bitten/sore-backed/sun-burned/frost-bitten/rain-soaked/etc; but still "trophy-less" with a big ****-eating grin on my face.

Granted, its all I've known since grammar school, but God it feels good to really hunt. I'm not sure I'd find the same satisfaction in opening my wallet and killin' something.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:46 PM

lol I forgot about this post until I just read this one. WOW!

EKM see if I understand the rules correctly: Its ok for the "bandwagon" to come on here and downride, make false accusations, name call and belittle those who choose to hunt in trophy areas and/or hire guides, thats perfectly ok and acceptible? Yet when someone trys to defend such ways of hunting thats class warfare, "classes of hunting" or whatever the catchphrase of the day is. Thats ok? Doesn't quite seem fair too me, but I'll go along with the rules, this aint my place its somebody elses.

Where on earth did anyone make the statement or infer that by killing the biggest makes one the best hunter? I musta skipped over that post, I'll go back and read em all again to make sure I didn't miss that one. Now if the "hot tub" incident did happen as recalled then yeah we all know such guys. (btw its not proper to compete with trophies with a little light hearted competition, yet its ok to be a competitive caller? Again I miss the logic. But I'm open to listening.) But is that TRULY a fair representation of ALL hunters who get on a plane or drive to western states each season? I don't think so, at least I haven't seen many of those types on the hunts I have been on.

Just tryin to understand the boundaries here
RA
Old 01-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well first of all I don't pay anyone to compeate in a calling competition for me! Its realy me and only me and thats something that is learned with hard work and practice over time. Just for the record I have not won a competition, like I said before there are guys better than me. But I am not greenhorn wtih elk calls either and what I do learn out of a competition can be used in actual real life hunting/calling. As far as trophy animals are concerned, there are two types, the store bought variety, (the ones that you seem to like to hunt) and the hard earned public land and public tag variety. Those animals are killed each and everyyear too! By some average joe hard working do it yourself hunter. I never stated that you said that you were the best hunter, I just said you remind me of hunters that I have met that were that type. Why because you did say that we were all Jealous because we couldn't or haven't hunted a trophy area, for a trophy animal. And if we didn't its becasue of two reasons. One being lack of money, or two that we don't care about trophy animals and in that case we must be some redneck that that doens't know the difference between B&C and thinks it comes between A and D. Am I correct with understanding what you have stated or would you like to change your story? It also appears that you might not believe me with as you put "hot tub incident" and thats O.K. because I don't have anyway to prove it, and nothing I could say would change your mind.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I should add that I have never said that its not O.K. to compete with trophies. After all I do like a competition, but I like a fair competition. As others have stated before there needs to be two types of record books for the two differnt types of hunts. Killing a bigger buck, bull, or any other trophy animal are so inportant to some, that they will pay anything or cheat (paoch) to do it and it gives hunting a bad rap. And that is what I think is what this thread is all about. For me and others hunting is a way of life a way, a way to grow and raise a family. Its about spending time in the outdoors with the ones that you love. Being in some very very beautyiful county, and enjoying the overall experience. Thats what I love and thats what I'll defend.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:17 AM

I read an article that those deer you see on those programs are farm raised deer.
Raised for their racks and sold to these ranches for the TV shows.
After I read that I no longer watch those programs.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

REDALLISON
You missed it bud.
In your post it puts off you have to spend money to kill a deer or elk.You do NOT have to spend a ton of cash to get nice deer or elk.

To go and hunt in difrant places is great, to hire a guid is fine TO HUNT THE FARM RASED DEER THAT YOU THINK IS GOOD SUCKS BUTT.

I had a swap hunt up where they did not have to give me anything at all,just come hunt.This is the way I am I like to hunt ,I hunt hard for nice deer.I am a REDNECK.I do know how to B/C my deer but I do not get them done by a scorer.The ONLY reasion I taped them was for guys like you.

Like I said where are the great big deer you killed with all your money.I would allmost bet my wife has killed biger deer and elk:}

I worked very very hard for my killes and I do not like any one telling me becouse I cut up a 140 class bc deer to make knives I am dumb.Maby it has to do with we as avrage people can only get the monsters mounted not every one.

I just think that you guys that buy your bucks should have to put them in books with the same bucks.

I have not seen ANY one belittleing people that hunt in trophy spots it is the people that buy there bucks with BUCKS that most people do not like.There is a big difrants between geting a guid and hunting a FARM.

NO NO SHOT THAT ONE. That one over there will cost you 2000 more!!!

I hope when you tell your offace buds about your next hunt you give them the full deal:}
Old 01-26-2005, 01:12 PM

ELKIN'

Thanks for that last post, it was really special.
It was truly, and I do mean truly, inspirational.
A real affirmation.

Check y'all out later,
EKM
Old 01-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, I'm lost here! I'm a redneck whitetail hunter that has never shot a 150 class buck but has seen dozens of em in my neck of the woods. I've saved up a wad of cash to hire a guide in Wyoming to go on this dream elk hunt this fall. Am I still a good ole boy that can come back to the whitetail woods or will I be tarred and feathered for going on this hunt? I'm spending a "wad" of cash to hire 1x1, and hunt a trophy area, on a wilderness horseback hunt. By the way, it's required by Wyoming law for me to hire a guide, I couldn't hunt "do it yourself" if I wanted to. I know I could go cheaper but spending the extra money will get me farther off the road and a chance to see a trophy bull. Does that make me any less of a hunter to want this type of hunt? By the way I've shot whitetails in their day beds at less that 20 yards. They never knew I was there! I consider myself a decent hunter!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

No by no way are you less of a hunter. You are paying for there nolage of the land.

Now if you hunting a farm rased finced in elk that I say You should have to put your elk in its own BC book with all the outher bulls killed in thes manner.

Guides by no way meen you can not hunt just do not have the time or you have to hire them.

I do not think there is a guy on the sight that will cuss you for useing a guide.Only the people that hunt farm rased deer have brought this up.To cover up the fact that they hunt COW?DEER.

HEHE maby there should be a cow/deer spot in BC.

Quick Reply: Hunting aint hunting anymore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.