Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

I copied these quotes from another thread here in the big game form. But after giving it some thought, I knew it needs to be its own topic. So who here is an Elkoholic?

This quote is from Elkcrazy8 "Some of us here belong to the Idaho elkcoholics chapter, My name is Chad, it has been several minutes since I last thought about killing an elk.........Hang on, elk hunting is one heck of a ride".

"Shh, Shh, please quiet down everyone and welcome Chad into our group! Now we will go around the room and introduce everyone. Next up is my turn, Hi my name is Jason (aka.idahoelkinstructor) and I am a non-recovering addicted elkcoholic! Moving one Paul (elknut) I know your in denial but you better speak up now, because its your turn!"

I know there are others out there who are also elkcoholics and you might belong to the Utah Chapter, maybe the Montana, Wyoming or Colorado chapters or another chapter not mentioned. So speak up and we might be able to increase your addiction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]
Old 01-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

OK OK let go my arm.
I am a elkcoholic took 2 this year hope to do the same next.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:27 PM

Alrighty, after thinking about it for about a split second I have to admit I am also an Idaho Elkaholic...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:57 PM

Ok fine you beat it out of me.... I am an Idaho Elkoholic! I am still dreaming about the bulls i saw from between 15-30 yards this year. Damn i am unlucky, i saw 3 bulls and no shots! Oh well at least i am a Ethical Elkoholic!

lol, pretty cool to see all the Idaho Elk Hunters. What part of the state do you hunt in, and what units? I usually frequent unit 3 for early bow, 4 for rifle (if it comes to that), and also 6 in the St. Joe Area for Late season Elk (bow)
Old 01-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi, I am Jonathon aka Judy, I am from the Utah chapter. I am not afraid to say I am an Elkoholic and there ain't nothin' y'all can do about it!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, I've never hunted elk before. I have an application in to the Wyoming drawing for a trophy hunt this year. Some nights I have trouble sleeping and I spend long hours on the internet and reading books about elk hunting. My name is Dave. I am from Illinois. I am a recovering turkeyaholic, but I seem to have aquired another dependency. I need a diagnosis from some of you professional elk hunters out there. Does the symptoms I have described, along with spending huge amounts of money on this elk hunting trip, qualify me as an elkaholic? Most importantly, should I be ashamed of this dependency and remain quiet about it or should I be talking about this trip openly to all of my buddies who will lend an ear? I feel that this is uncontrollable and am on a downward spiral! HELP ME, PLEASE!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

With a handle of Gselkhunter, where does that leave me? Can any one guess?
Gselkhunter
Old 01-06-2005, 09:07 AM

Usually when you have the elkaholics syndrome you pretty much have to live with it , for therapy this time of year i usually click onto elknuts website and click on all the elk sounds available, it seems to help. Also I watch my collection of elk videos over and over that also seems to help, Good Luck....RobinHood36>>>=================== =>
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Hi everyone my name is Kris and I'm here just because I was kind of curious. You see I'm not an elkoholic because I can quit at any time. By the way anyone have a spare elk tag I could have after the meeting? Please, anyone! Ok I admit it...[&o].....I'm an elkoholic!!! I'm in the Utah Chapter and we have found there is no cure. Once you got it we only have each other for support. In between elk hunts is rough, all I can think about is my next fix. I get cold sweats, can't concentrate at work, my friends and family say I'm so withdrawn as I stare out the window at the mountains for hours. I spend a lot of money on my addiction and I have lots of nightmares about the big bull I missed last year. The only relief I find is spending the month of September chasing bugling bulls.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey everybody--my name is chad aka hillbilly--I originally started with squirrels and rabbits when i was a young 'en back east then turkeys and deer. Now that I have come to the west and have tried elk--I feel like I have opened the door to expanding my mind and consciousness (sp) (grin). I am afraid that in the coming years--I will need to hunt them more and more just to have continued maintenance of my level of addiction. Also, I fear that I will have to start bowhunting them to get that awesome feeling in my blood stream quicker. I am willing to try a twelve step program--but am sure I'll never be able to get past step 1--admitting I have a problem. Will someone please help?

Chad--hb

Quick Reply: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.