Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

I'm ElkNut1 aka Paul----Yep, I got it bad. How bad you ask? Well the other day my wife (Brenda) and I went to a nice dinner, it was late when we were done, as we were driving home she could see I was day dreaming, she asks, are you thinking about Elk????? And I say yep, what else is there?? About that time she gives me one of those sexy kinda winks, I smile back, but I was still thinking about Elk!!! Yep I'm hopless, but not looking for a cure either!!!
ElkNut1--Paul
Old 01-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just kidding I look foward to meeting you and others at the Salt Lake ISE Show in March.
When is that? We need to meet up for that.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jon the ISE show is in March 17-20.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Denial, isn't that in Alaska? And just because I have "Prelude" by Nancy Glazier, in the bedroom. And "Mild Winter" by John Banovich in the living room, doesn't prove anything! Just because I win calling comps doesn't prove anything either. Just because I live in CO and have taken better than a dozen elk doesn't mean anything either. Just because I make my own camo clothes and scout all year and tune my own bows and passionately sharpen my broadhead blades in my tent the night before opener. How could you possible get the idea I am an elk whatchamacallit. Shoot ELKOHOLIC, that term doesn't even come close.
Gselkhunter/ Gregg Stevens
Old 01-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

gselkhunter you are cursed with the worst fever I have ever seen, hmm the only cure I can think of is to hunt twice as much as you do now. Increase your calling even more, go to as many calling contests as possiable. Shoot your bow at every fee second you have. And sharpen all your hunting partners broadheads as well. Oh I almost forgot, you also need to make me and others here a matching pair of camos. Not that we are looking for a feebe but just to make sure that your workmanship sewing skill are top notch. We wouldn't want a fellow elkoholic having a clothing malfunction right in the middle of a hunt. That could be the difference between puching your elk tag (again) or eating tag soup! So feel free to send me and anyone else of your choosing a free set of camos for testing.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:24 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Brett Hyde aka HYDE, and I am a proud member of the Montana chapter of elkaholics. I fear their is no hope of recovering, please help!! Is it September yet???????
Old 01-07-2005, 11:35 AM

Hi my name is dan and i will admit i have also have an elk problem. I devote my whole year to my archery elk hunt each august. scouting, calling, hanging stands and running the shots over and over in my mind. Not for a few months yet but already thats all i can think about. Even worse the critters are coming up to my yard now in the winter to pick at my bale stack for the cattle. Teasin' me but i know i will get even with them in archery season.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

I got dragged into this by some "caring" soul, but I don't have a problem where elk are concerned. Honest, I DON'T ! OKAY? I mean, who defines this elkoholic business? I can stop any time I want to. I went two days last week without even thinking about that 330 bull who stood five yards out of my bow range last season. So there! I know sometimes it doesn't look good when I sit around staring at topo maps for two hours on a Friday night, but why is that a problem? I mean, I could be out there with a REAL addiction, like bass fishing! So get off my case already!
Old 01-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My disease came on suddenly when robinhood36 gave me a hit. I haven't stopped since. All I dream of is bulls. I have been shooting 5 nights a week already, I should be ready by september. I can't scout until july because the drainage I hunt is still covered in snow until then. It is going to be a long wait. Good thing there are turkies to chase between now and then. But thats like Larry the cable guy says, it is like wiping before you poop.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:45 AM

Git 'er Done!!!!!

Quick Reply: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.