Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Old 01-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Default RE: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Count me in.

I see elk in my sleep.

I can't drive down a road that has any kind of natural vegetation at all without subconsciously checking for elk. I look for sign when I walk my dogs, even though I know there won't be any.

Staying away is not an option; doing more only feeds the fire!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Fellow elkaholic's,
This BareBack Jack AkA B.J. from the Montana chappter of ElkAholic's
Glad to see everyone,psssst by the way got any pictures of Elk.............I do wannna see some.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:13 PM

Hi fellas, my name is Kimberly, and I am an elkaholic as well Preferably Colorado, but not restricted to a particular state.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Just what does it take to be an Elkaholic? Is one of the symptoms having a spotting scope set up in your dining room looking at the mountains across the valley? Could it be pacing back and forth waiting for the snow to clear so you can get a better lk. Considering I check my spotting scope no less than 15 times a day with this view all I can say is................Hello My Name is Bob and I'm an Elkaholic

Old 01-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Great picture Bob! Coming from a fellow elkaholic from Illinois, it's great to get a buzz on some elk country views. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

When the snow clears and I can get a good picture I will post 1 with the herds of Elk that can be seen through the window.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I'm from IL. and you cant make quit I'm to far gone try and save your selves its to late for me just one more elk thats all I want just one more just a litttle one just one more then maybe anthor one just just a smell just a litttle small smell .....................
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

great view Bob
Old 01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too am an elkoholic.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

gselkhunter, you are in DENIAL big time my friend, I believe you are in the Colorado Chapter! I would welcome you to the club but I think (based on age) you were here before me. So you should be welcoming me. Just kidding I look foward to meeting you and others at the Salt Lake ISE Show in March.

Hunter_59 welocme to the club, you most defenetly have the fever, yes please do tell us your plans, and feel free to ask away with any question. There are a lot of very experienced elk hunters here on this form. Together there is a wealth of infomation to to shared and learned.

RobinHood36, I too watch videos, and listen or read anything that has to do with elk hunting! I also like to go out to the elk winter range and watch the real thing from a safe distance. That seems to hold me over the best until my fall bowhunting fix!

Montana Bob that is one awesome view from your window! If I lived there I don't think my wife could pull me away from my spoting scope. I still feel lucky though that I can hop in my car during these winter months, and only 15 to 30 minutes away I can find a herd of elk!

hillbillyhunter 1, man you are in deep trouble if you take of bowhunting them! There will be no turning back for sure.

huntress206 is good to know that this disease is not limited to men.

And to everyone else not mentioned (only because lack of time) I am glad I am not alone in my sickness. Who knows we just might meet each other, whether it's on a elk mountain, or at a sportsman show. And if and when we do meet, it will be great knowing we are all ELKOHOLICS. For those of you who have the curse, but have not reported in, well speak up its your turn!

Quick Reply: ELKOHOLICS REPORT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.