Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

wolf introduction

Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM

Default wolf introduction

This goes along with the "more wolf news" post, but i wanted my opinion to be seen as the other one had 3 pages basically
deer and elk hunting is being severely impacted by the wolf to the point these herds will have a helluva time recovering IF they can recover. Wolf management is out of the question seriously, how did these groups, US Fish and Game and other pro wolf advocacy groups plan to control them? How is it that in 1 week of hunting my dad and I come across 10 elk kill sites, where the elk werent even eaten, sport killing is what it looks like to me. The Idaho Wolf Coalition have come across the same issues they have pictures on thier site. Back to what I was saying, my uncle then comes across a coyote that had its legs ripped off, its head dragged off, and intestines strung all over the forest, sorry for the details. This has already impacted a couple of our very good hunting spots. The court seems to ignore this problem, thanks to liberals who seem to just brush it aside as if it were the fruit cake that they're getting for christmas, but no this is serious business so I encourage you all to join some sort of anit-wolf group and get your opinion heard.

To follow, without halt, one aim: There's the secret of success.
[info][add][mail]
Anna Pavlova (1885 - 1931)
Old 12-24-2004, 09:29 AM

Default RE: wolf introduction

If you would like to voice your opinion feel free to reply
Old 12-24-2004, 06:01 PM

I agree 110% with you! I am a member of the Anti-Wolf coalition in Idaho. Wolves have infiltrated into my hunting grounds and have literally cut down the elk numbers, and the remaining elk are holed up. Something terrible is going to happen before any action is going to take place. I mean terrible, in the idea of losing human lives. In my opinion as soon as someone's little girl is taken, or someone's little boy is attacked... then you will see action and public apreciation of the work being done by the Anti wolf Coalitions. Sad, but true. This will continue to spiral out of control, unless something shocks it back into place.

IdahoHunter
Old 12-24-2004, 07:14 PM
DM

There is NO doupt that wolves kill for sport!!!!

How about pulling down a cow moose, pulling the calf out of the belly, eat some of the calf, and leave the cow to die, slowely!!!!

It happens all to often!!

Drilling Man
Old 12-25-2004, 12:47 AM

I was with my dad this past year in one of our areas, we smelt something that stunk terribly, like a rotting carcass, well all the sudden my dad turns around and not more than 15 yards away there was wolf staring at us in a lunging position, thank god it ran away, gave me quite a fright
Old 12-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am against reintroduction of the wolf anywhere. In our State the cougar is raising hell with game population in the Black Hills. Nothing will be done about it until the kill a few children. And they will.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw in Salmon Idaho last year, I saw a bumper sticker that said *#$% the wolves and shoot the Politicians that brought them here. Thats how mad some people are over the wolves and I don't blame them. I myself agree 100% with this and other people comments posted here. I too am going to join the Anti wolf Coalitions for there is strength in numbers, but IMHO I don't think that they (Antil Wolf Coalition) will make a difference. I hope I am wrong but until they win a victory in court I will not get my hopes up. Until then it SSS all the way!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:16 PM

Gotta agree with everything everyone has said here on this topic ! You're so correct Archer18.

I operated in Ontario's North ... and in my area - we're over run with wolves. Fortunately - we have a open season year round - but - trying to "kill the killers" is not easy. I'm quite new to attempting to keep the wolf population in check ... I used to just leave them to themselves until a couple weeks ago.
My wife and 2 daughters we at the road waiting for the school bus when a huge Timber Wolf walked up within 20 yards behind them. They screamed at it and jumped back in the van - and it ran away - only to return a few moments later. The bus driver had to blow the horn to get it to leave so that the kids could get on the bus.
Now - I'm an Outfitter - and this shook me up. I immediately went on a vengence spree for a few days to kill any wolf I saw. The .270 is with me at all times. But - to no avail - they walk through our camp and there are tracks in the snow everywhere - but I never see one. Even sitting in a tree stand for hours hasn't worked.

I've seen 2 adult wolves run down a full grown adult cow moose and hang from her rear until they rip out her back end and pull the intestines out 20 yards behind her running ... when she drops - still alive - they finished her off at the throat - and 2 minutes later - trotted off together. They never touched an ounce of meat from the kill ... it was just sport. I figured they were off to get the "pack" to come back and feast - but a week later - the carcass was still there surrounded by ravens - the wolves never touched it that I could see.

I hate them - and I'll shoot any wolf I see.

Anybody out there with some good tactics on hunting them ?

Anyway - good subject - I wanted to add my 2 cents !

Take Care all.
Gary
Old 12-26-2004, 07:55 PM

Gary,

keep those kids safe at the school bus stop, that is some scary business
Old 01-05-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey, if the information's not out there already, I'd like to see more info about the anti-wolf coalition! Fundraisers, progress... it's all good!

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

I agree 110% with you! I am a member of the Anti-Wolf coalition in Idaho. Wolves have infiltrated into my hunting grounds and have literally cut down the elk numbers, and the remaining elk are holed up. Something terrible is going to happen before any action is going to take place. I mean terrible, in the idea of losing human lives. In my opinion as soon as someone's little girl is taken, or someone's little boy is attacked... then you will see action and public apreciation of the work being done by the Anti wolf Coalitions. Sad, but true. This will continue to spiral out of control, unless something shocks it back into place.

IdahoHunter

Quick Reply: wolf introduction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.