Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Second hunt done

Old 12-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Second hunt done

I got two more does. One today and one yesterday. I have all doe tags this year trying to help out the landowners with a big surplus od does. I tried out my New Browning A-bolt Stalker. So far two shots and two deer. One a mule deer and one a whitetail. The first whitetail I heve ever seen on my land here. Today I watched the biggest Mule deer buck that I have ever seen in SD. He had at least five good big points on each side with several small points. Against the skyline I got a good look at the rack. It was really a high rack but HUGE in the width department. He came within about 100 yards of where I was sittng along a winter wheat field. MAYBE next year. My browning is in 308 and I used 150 grain Partitions at about 2800 fps. Niether took a step. One season left for Muzzle loader and a week more rifle season in Jan.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Second hunt done

hey, congrats. ya there is a ton of does in SD. thats all i took this yr. Two East river, one west river, and one in ND. it was a good season.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Second hunt done

I am feeding the whole family this year. I picked up eight doe tags and with the size of the Mule deer does this year there is going to be a lot of meat. My wife got a Doe tag in ND as she works up there. All of mine are in SD. Where did you hunt in ND? Man there is a ton of deer up there too. I think they said they sold a new record number of tags this year. They are extending both the ND and SD seasons this year for does.. Now I gotta cut and grind meat again.