Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Forum!!!!!! Or What??

Old 11-17-2004, 12:28 AM

Default RE: Elk Forum!!!!!! Or What??

Delete
Old 11-17-2004, 06:42 AM

After reading this forum. i felt i needed to say my piece..being from kentucky i havent had to privilege of hunting BIG game as of yet...I am heading to Texas for my first Hog hunt next april...and i am working on going to colorado next fall for my first elk hunt...I found this forum and it has been alot of help with questions i have had about elk hunting...When I read this forum it started getting my hide on some of the replies posted here...particularly from elkkampmaster...EKM..no im not an experienced elk hunter....no im not knowledgeable in all the ways of the outdoors...thats why i ask questions about thazt topic in this forum...yes sometimes we will ask the same question because new members will find this forum and others will move on to other forums...if it makes u mad to answer the same old questions then i suggest you move on to another forum..nothing hog tied u down here...i have read several posts lately in which you have answered in a cynical way...it appears to me you act like your the only one who knows anything about elk hunting...well your not...there i said my piece...and i also have moved on for all accounts to other forums....USHUNTING.com.....jesse hunting & outdoors....to all the other hunters that use these sites...i salute you and look forward to any advice you can give me...because i look forward to picking your brains for any adice you want to give...happy hunting
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 AM

I also like having all the big game in one forum because im interested in all types of hunting...it provides a variety of information and informative reading
Old 11-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

I think some see how a site works when all animals can be discussed, just on a seperate page. But what some of you don't understand is the ease of it all. I'm probably the blame for that, as I'm no doubt not very clear in my explanation.--Sorry about that!!

What I wasn't clear on is all animal topics are on the same page, you just click on the picture or word of the animal you are interested in. When done with that one you just hit your "back" button and it'll take you back to the main page and you can click on the next animal you're interested in. So you don't have to scan the internet trying to find specific animals of interest they're all right in front of you.---The only reason I mention this is because how well it works on these other sites.--But to each his own!!

Here is a perfect example of a "Site" that does just this!! http://www.bowsite.com/menu.cfm?State=Idaho ---Note the pictures of the animals presented, (they're small so look closely) just click on one of them and you're there!! ElkNut1
Old 11-17-2004, 08:19 AM

elknut1,

Sorry, my elk hunting group is now set for 2005, 6 plus the chef, some members practically conditioning their going on “no more newbies – no more public service cases” these have always been my idea.
==============

Backcountry1,

Are you doing your 2005 Elk trip to Colorado with Steven Ashe (who sounds like one heck of a guy)?
==============

Colorado Bob,

You going up to Nouchimi camp for your self guided caribou hunt in 2005?

EKM
Old 11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elknut1: You are welcome at my hunting camp any time!

EKM said: "only to have them disappear never to let us know what the hell happened with the advice given or discussions covered"

I have heard this complaint from a fair amout of hunting "gurus" and it is a valid point. Newbies: Be advised. It is extremely bad manners to get some good info from some knowlegable people and then never say "thanks" or let them know how things went on your hunt.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:12 PM

Txhunter58, thanks reiterating a reoccuring issue....
================

Also,

The deleted post at the top of page two addressed Caribou hunting in Ontario and was deleted and incorporated into a later multi-person post.

EKM
Old 11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Txhunter58---Thanks! That'a quite an honor being excepted in ones hunting camp!

Maybe someday this can happen, you never know!!! I'm sure we'd have a great time!!! ElkNut1

ekm---It's good to see you've got things under control for next elk season. Good Luck to you!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with elknut 1, I would like a forum just for elk. I hunt mostly with a bow, but like this year I sometimes hunt with a rifle. But with that said, I live, eat, and breathe elk, and elk hunting. It doesn't matter what weapon, be it bow, rifle, pistol, black powder, as long as I can hunt elk I am a happy camper. When I am not actually elk hunting I am thinking/planning on the next years hunt. Its been in my blood since I was two years old. Honestly my first memory is sitting in a hunting camp here in Idaho with my mother, and my dad came flying into camp whooping and a hollering because he just killed a raghorn bull elk. It was in the back of the truck and my dad lifted me up and I was amazed and scared at the same time. It was only two years later that I remember sitting on a ridge with my dad and watching some elk feed about 100 yards below us. I also deer hunt and I love a good goose/duck hunt as well. If I had time and money I would love to hunt Alaska. A safari hunt in Africa for the big 5 would be a dream come true, and I think that there needs to be a place to talk about those animals on a forum like this biggame forum. But for the average joe hunter here out west, the number one animal to hunt is the elk. I used to respond on the bowhunter section all the time, but most hunters there are from the east and talk about whitetails. If the subject of elk is brought up, it is about a planned dream hunt, and what state with what guide, or how and where do I start. I sometimes laugh because some of the people who respond, who claim to be experts, and are from back east or live somewhere other than elk country, and they have spent a whole week in elk woods helping someone they knew, who drew out on a elk tag. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but it would be nice to have a site just for elk where new and old elk hunters can focus on nothing but elk, and people can learn from "real experts" who do live day to day around the animals that they love.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Idahoelkinstructor----That's a great way you described what a die-hard elk (bow) hunter feels like everyday. It's true, we eat,sleep, and think nothing but elk everyday and most of each day at that!!

As far as myself I'm always going over different hnunting methods, strategies, and calling senarios, ones that went bad and the good ones, trying to see where I could adjust things to a given elk encounter.---Yes, this is why I enjoy Elk Forums best.--- You've got to check-out the link in my post above for the "Bowsite" you'll love it, that is if you haven't done so yet!! ElkNut1

Quick Reply: Elk Forum!!!!!! Or What??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.