Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Role Call: Elk Hunters

Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Role Call: Elk Hunters

I've been in SW Colorado 3 times

1999-cow elk (only one of 6)
2001-cow elk ( 3 hunters, 3 cows)
2003-5x3 bull (4 hunters, 1 bull,3 cows)

Can't wait to go again in October '05.

KC
Old 12-16-2004, 10:26 AM

Tally so far,

6 = Went elk hunting --- no opportunities (I think there are WAY more out there, just haven't signed in....)
3 = Went elk hunting, got a shot opportunity, no elk... (Any given year an opportunity is really all one can hope for.)
40 = Got elk (at least one, some with many)
-----
49 = Total

Huntngirl,
This was for "lifetime" not just this year, "skunk years' happen. [:'(] I know you got your bull opening day last year, so you're in the "got elk" category.

BaltActionMan,
Damn, that is one hell of a record from a "camp success" perspective. Sounds like you guys are "dialed in" somewhere or with someone!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:39 PM

EKM,

Every time I go I keep waiting for reality to set in. Truthfully it is a high population area, and those I hunt with take the first legal animal they can. They are all trophies to us and we love to eat 'em.

I like this forum because there are people like that who hang out here. While they all like taking nice racks, they appreciate everything they take.

KC
Old 12-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

WOW Been away for a while...........Somthin' to talk about!!!!!!!!!!
EKM,
This was my 4th year Elk hunting (Is there anything else???) I go twice a year. Once muzzleloader(Backpack!!!) and the other rifle. I have scored once with my ML on a cow this year!!!!!! 3 times with my rifle. 2 cows and this year I finally got a nice Bull!!!!!!
I do agree with you that, Cow or Bull they are both trophies. Ithought that getting a Bull would be the end all......... But except for what everyone else thought, I was as excited on the Bull as I was with the Cows. Although I would really like to take a nice Bull with my trusty side-lock!!! Been very close..But no Elk Enchilada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So that makes.............4 years........4 Elk!!!!!!!!!! and at least 4 pots of tag stew!!!!