Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming antelope successes

Old 11-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wyoming antelope successes

Can anyone advise me on how to best post pictures? For the pronghorn picture I severely reduced the quality of the 788 K JPG file to get under the HuntingBBS 100 K file threshold. Additionally, I see that my image is much wider than the other pictures posted. Any idea how to post images without degrading image quality so much and how to resize the image appropriately?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:19 AM

Post at www.hunt101.com and then link to there instead of internally @ huntingnet.com.

I've had no problem doing this, on the other hand I scan my photos in Photoshop and save them as a JPEG and at the save screen Photoshop always asks "how much quality" with a sliding scale --- the default is "5" and that is what I always go with and no complaints from www.huntingnet.com when the link is made.

100K eh, that's pretty crude --- I think they are trying to preserve the storage capacity. Consider using a third party like www.hunt101.com where they are not so fussy.

EKM
Old 11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Antelope hunting is just PLAIN FUN !! I love the wide open spaces. Plus if you blow a stalk----no big deal----they are plenty of antelope. Yep---just plain fun!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree antelope hunting is a riot!!! I also think that they are very tasty!
Old 11-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Colorado Bob:

You are right about the matter of just doing another stalk, there are plenty of animals to be hunted. Hunters should plan to have the leisure to do this, and if they get an animal early so much the better. I made the mistake of planning a lot of other activities on my trip to Wyoming which drove me to take a doe early rather than trying a couple more stalks to take a buck. I understand that a doe probably tastes as good or better than a buck, but the bucks look so cool I wanted to take one of these. Well, I've lived long enough to know you learn by doing, and I'll know better next time I go pronghorn hunting to take my time and not cram my schedule with other activities.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a nice buck!