Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Exotic game in the states

Old 10-20-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Exotic game in the states

I do a lot of work here in San Diego at the Zoo and SD Wild Animal Park, I have dated a few women that worked at both places and the one at the park told me they regularly destroy various animals that have been born out on exhibit. Obviuosly they have to keep their population in check, I have also seen trucks with plates from Wyoming and Montana towing horse trailers behind the scenes at the SD Zoo. I was with a "higher up" as we call them discussing business and asked him what the deal was, I infered that they must be picking up surplus animals. He laughed and with a wink and a knod said they are going to the "Happy Happy Foreverland Petting Ranch". Have exotic game from Africa and South America that breed like bunnies in our zoos found their way to our countryside outside the ranches?

Metro...
Old 10-20-2004, 09:21 PM

Default RE: Exotic game in the states

The famous King Ranch down here in south Texas first releashed Nailgi along its coastal praires back in the 30's I believe. From what I understand the King Ranch got some of its original animals from the San Diego zoo many years ago. The ranch started off with 11 animals, the population is now estimated at well over 10,000 animals that have spread their ranges over 5 different counties (although the king ranch has land in each of these counties).