Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Only in America!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Only in America!!!!!!

This is a Hunting story about FREEDOM !!!

I had the day circled on the calendar for about a year...Opening day of muzzle loading season........Sept 11 2004 a date that we all know from 2001. But this also happened to be Patriots day. Which to me just added more meaning to this day and this hunt! For not only does Sept. 11th hold is own harrowing message about the freedoms that we all enjoy.But I was hunting for Elk with my trusty side lock on Patriots Day as well.........WOW!!! The meaning of this day! This opening day!! Something good could only come of this day.
After the long hike in the day before.....There was no chance for sleep as there were ( To my estimation ) 4 bulls bulging around me ALL night long....WOW!!!!! So morning came I dressed and headed out. I was just trying to make some cow talk to cover the excessive noise I was making while walking on the 3" of hail I'd gotten the night before. When a 6x6 bull came in to me...... WOW....... To bad I had a cow tag in my pocket!!! But this was Patriots day and luck was sure to go my way. Then from in front of the bull came two cows. I touched off the charge and through the smoke I could see her go down about 20yrds away WOW 8:30 in the morning opening day Sept 11 2004 Patriots Day..... in Gods country. On my own with Nature, God and Beast Thanks to our Forefathers,our Armed Forces and our President we can LET FREEDOM RING !!!!!!!!!!
I leave on a Bull Elk hunt in a week but it would be tough to top that day!!!!!!!!

God bless our Soldiers, Our people and Our land
Bill
Old 10-01-2004, 10:00 PM

Default RE: Only in America!!!!!!

Well said Glob. There are mant times I thank God for being able to live in the Rockies. I feel sorry for those poor eastern saps that never get to expierence the beauty of the Rockies. Great post Glob..
Old 10-02-2004, 06:16 AM

Congrats on filling the freezer, and I agree, here in the USA, we are still blessed to be able to go out, as you did and benefit from nature.
Although I had heard of the draconian hunting/gun laws in Australia, I did not realize all the damage that was done to Aussies' gunsports freedoms, until I visited that beautiful country in 1998. I had been invited to Australia to do some sporting dog judging. As a guest, I was able to go hunting in five areas of the country: Tasmania, Adelaide, Perth and two places near Brisbane. Western Australia, near Perth, had the greatest quail hunting that I had ever seen. Anyone with a bird dog pup could have trained him on all of the native quail, one could find in any stubble field. We walked behind the dogs, watched them point and when the quail were flushed, a blank shell was fired from a shotgun. The problem is, all bird hunting in Western Australia had been outlawed. To a man, the Aussies told me that if only they would've had their own version of our NRA to combat the anti-gun/anti-hunting laws that had been passed!
I thank God for our Patriots, past and present and I thank God for our NRA!
Old 10-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

What can I say? AMEN!!!