Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Rancher refuses rescuers...2 bulls die

Old 10-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rancher refuses rescuers...2 bulls die

My two cents......
the landowner had and excercised his rights. But tells me what kind of man that he is on the inside. Not letting someone trespass for whatever reason, be they noble or just vindictive and self serving is one thing. I would have at least put the animals down. Ended their suffering. Has nothing to do with what nature dictates or what goes on without "man" seeing it. Has everything to do with compassion.
Whomever this land owner is?? Better hope that if he ever had an attack of some kind and lay suffering in need of aid ...........that someone like me with the knowledge of his past activities was not the one in whose hands his life now lay. For in the words of wise old man........I wouldn't urinate in his mouth if his teeth were on fire!!!! Just my opine....
Old 10-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

What goes around comes around!!
Old 10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RedRiverHntr

My two cents......
the landowner had and excercised his rights. But tells me what kind of man that he is on the inside. Not letting someone trespass for whatever reason, be they noble or just vindictive and self serving is one thing. I would have at least put the animals down. Ended their suffering. Has nothing to do with what nature dictates or what goes on without "man" seeing it. Has everything to do with compassion.
Whomever this land owner is?? Better hope that if he ever had an attack of some kind and lay suffering in need of aid ...........that someone like me with the knowledge of his past activities was not the one in whose hands his life now lay. For in the words of wise old man........I wouldn't urinate in his mouth if his teeth were on fire!!!! Just my opine....
I agree. However, there is a bit of a problem here since essentially he is saying that he doesn't agree with the way elk herds are being managed but he is doing everything he can to hamper the state agency without offering any kind of help or solution to make things better. This is an example of the worst kind of public interaction with wildilfe managers.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:56 PM

Yea I guess the rancher could of handled it better, But Cruel and unusual?????
its an act of Nature. Cruel and unusual is when WE... have to buy into a new
housing area that the contractor had to remove the trees, bogs, etc so that we
could get the pretty new house in the country that we all want. thats cruel and
unusual. Two Elk died, doing what they do in nature. How much worse is that
from taken away a HERD of Elk's habitat?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: raggedhorn

Yea I guess the rancher could of handled it better, But Cruel and unusual?????
its an act of Nature. Cruel and unusual is when WE... have to buy into a new
housing area that the contractor had to remove the trees, bogs, etc so that we
could get the pretty new house in the country that we all want. thats cruel and
unusual. Two Elk died, doing what they do in nature. How much worse is that
from taken away a HERD of Elk's habitat?
It's worse because he is hampering management which is attempting to keep elk numbers high even though WE have built subdivisions in winter habitat etc etc...