Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:12 AM

Default AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

Last week an archery deer hunter was murdered south of Tucson. They found his body in camp and said it was a bear attack. NOT! Turned out he was cut up by a person. With the thousands of drug and people smugglers crawling around the southern hunt areas this will continue to happen. I for one will always be armed during bow season. It needs to be allowed now for the safety of hunters. I hope the G&F department will at least allow us with CCW permits to carry in the field so we don't have to feel like we are criminals. It is hard to grab your bow when you hear a branch snap and shoot a murderer.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:44 AM

Default RE: AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

So Glen, are you allowed to carry during bow season if you have a ccw?
Old 09-03-2004, 11:10 AM

It's legal to have a gun in camp but it's illegal to have a gun on you in the field even with a CCW. They need to change that as I don't like being a criminal but not gonna' hunt without the ability to defend myself. Too many whackos creeping around and people being shot or cut up while camping. I would rather explain myself than be a victim.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a scarry situation there Glen. I hope they can see the situation in the eyes of the people who are hunting and change their minds. But who knows with all of the political crap that is going around right now.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glen what we need in Arizona is a drug smuggling border jumper hunting season, make those wet backs think twice about it. And yes we should beable to be armed with a firearm while bowhunting a friend of mine who bow hunts near tucson told me about that ordeal with the bowhunter he said for the rest of bow season and future bow seasons he doesnt care he will be toting a his glock 23 along with his bow.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just found an article online about it , yea I didnt realized bears shot people LOL .
Crazy crazy stuff why are people so freakin retarded.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Glen what we need in Arizona is a drug smuggling border jumper hunting season, make those wet backs think twice about it. .

We don't need that kind of racist attitude here. Attitudes like that give the human race a bad name.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:32 PM

My family and I used to deer hunt for muleys out west of Phx about 2 hours (Unit 44 for those of you that know the area). Well, one of the other groups that hunts that area every year came by our camp and was telling us about an incident that happened to them when they were out scouting, pre-season. They were out cruisin their Jeeps and quads and came across a plane and a motorhome, and a bunch of guys with assualt rifles draped over their shoulders! There's places out there that are so flat and smooth that you can easily land a plane, so they were moving bales of drugs from the plane to the motorhome. Needless to say, they were scared. The smugglers just basically told them "you didn't see anything". I never heard if they reported it or not....but that's some scary stuff.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 PM

Is 44 south of Cibola? I have seen a lot of deer over there and if the smugglers don't get ya the locals might eat you for dinner. I am surprised your freinds weren't killed on the spot.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:39 AM

Naw, it's northeast of Quartzite. We actually were considered the locals, since we hunted the same area every year for about 8 or 9 years.

Quick Reply: AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.