Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AZ is a dangerous place to hunt.

We don't need that kind of racist attitude here. Attitudes like that give the human race a bad name.
My comment was by no means racist, How do you figure it was racist please tell me??? I simply think border jumpers should be shot on the spot.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:18 AM

Ditto Wolf....open season year round?
Old 09-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Spike

I was just lamenting the other day that I no longer feel that Unit 36C (just north of Sasabe) is safe to hunt in. Due primarily to the influx of illegals. Too bad as it was just an exquisite whitetail area.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ

It's legal to have a gun in camp but it's illegal to have a gun on you in the field even with a CCW. They need to change that as I don't like being a criminal but not gonna' hunt without the ability to defend myself. Too many whackos creeping around and people being shot or cut up while camping. I would rather explain myself than be a victim.
So Glen why dont you put in for the HAM hunts? You can carry you gun legally then.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:52 PM

I do put in for the javelina ham hunt. Deer and elk are either archery, ML or gun hunts here.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ
I am surprised your freinds weren't killed on the spot.
I was on the same hunt. One of the guys on the quads was going on another trail when he had the run in with the guys. Says one of the smugglers stepped out onto the trail. Asked what he was doing out there, he told him scouting the area for an upcoming hunt. The guy told him to turn and leave. They guy on the quad had his young son (5 or so) with him on the quad, he thought the drug smuggler may of had a unusual moment of compassion due to his son. Said riding away with his back turned to the drug smuggler was the longest 15 seconds of his life until he went around the hill.
The weekend of the hunt, we had a small plane fly real low over our camp and land just out of site (there are not airports in the area and it had no numbers on the side of the plane). Took off about 30 minutes later and was gone. Needless to say we didn't hunt that area of the unit that day.
It's a shame when you don't only have to watch for mountain lions and rattle snakes, but drug smugglers that will kill you much quicker then any wild animal.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine lives near Nogales, he was telling me about vigilantes that go out and snipe illegals and drug smugglers. Kinda messed up but hey the border patrol should be doing their jobs better.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

What in the world is going on here? Why don't the local authorities do something about this?
Maybe the citizens should take things into their own hands. Give these drug runners something to think about. Get you land back to being safe for everyone.
A group of 4 or 5 hunters with scoped centerfire rifles is no match for several idiots with AKs at oh lets say 250 yds.
You could at least disable the plane and vehicles and then notify the authorities.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

That area has the real true dangerous game. Some folks love the added danger. Not me though. Sounds like its time for the city fathers to do a little house cleaning. All accross that area you can forget the government doing anything to protect honest folks. They will however protect the smugglers.