Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Black bear hunting in New Hampshire.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Black bear hunting in New Hampshire.

Me and my brother, another total noob at hunting, were going to try our hand at bear hunting this coming weekend. We're going to the D1 or D2 WMU's because the harvest report showed the highest concentration of bear taken in these WMU's last year. G had more, but it's a bigger area. Now the question I have is this. I've checked several websites on bears and they all say bear can see color. Is hunter orange recommended for hunting black bear in New Hampshire? I would imagine the concentration of hunters would be less than during deer season.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Black bear hunting in New Hampshire.

i would definately wear hunter orange! i've hunted bear many times and if I could give you advise, it would be that hunter orange has absolutely NO effect on bear hunting. use a good bait and always be alert. most bears lost are lost because of clumsiness and not being aware of the bears oncoming or current presence or location. take my word on this because I too have made this mistake in the past. GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Black bear hunting in New Hampshire.

HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THIS SITE. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEOMOOSE HERE.... WEAR SOME VISIBLE ORANGE. NO HARM IN DOING SO. BEARS SEE ORANGE BUT ONLY AT A CLOSE DISTANCE!

ANYWAYS,HAVE FUN! REMEMBER, BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY!