Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Jim Zumbo letter on USO

Old 08-27-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Jim Zumbo letter on USO

Good letter by Jim Zumbo at www.jimzumbo.com on his position on the USO lawsuits. I agree with him that Taulman has done exactly what PETA wants and that is to get hunters fighting among themselves. We will survive this mess as a stronger community and in AZ we will end up with a huge volunteer resource to make our herds even better. None of the end result is what Taulman wanted but he is going to find that we ain't a bunch of rollovers out here in the west. I hope we can help all of you that have been so helpful in writing and supporting our cause here when it's your turn in the barrel. I also hope you Nevada boys will put pressure on the state to not cave in too soon to USO. They need to wait and see how bad we can beat him up here.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jim Zumbo letter on USO

I will be trying my best GleninAZ!!!!

I have been checking the Department of Wildlife website regularly and talking with a couple of people at the NDOW to see if anything has come to the public as far as possible meetings, input etc. You can bet that I will be there to voice my opinion. I do know that the subject came up at the Wildlife commissioners meeting on the 6th and 7th, but have not seen anything further on the issue.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

You guys are not alone keep up the fight just keep filling us in on how to get after next and we will do.

Keep up the fight.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:17 PM

I think that’s the same letter that was posted here a few weeks ago. Me, I still disagree with Zumbo’s approach. He states that there are three businesses that Taulman is involved in, and goes on to infer that while he doesn’t agree with the USO lawsuit he will still do business with Taulman’s licensing operation.

How does that strike all of you who wrote and called the USO advertisers? Zumbo is saying that while he disagrees with the USO lawsuit that puts money in Taulman’s left pocket, he’s still willing to engage Taulman as his licensing agent, effectively putting money in Taulman’s right pocket.

What he’s saying is that he’s not willing to participate in the boycott of USO/Taulman. All of you that wrote letters stating that you weren’t going to patronize companies that sponsored USO are effectively getting the finger from Zumbo. If you weren’t going to spend money on Realtree because they give business to USO/Taulman, how do you feel about Zumbo giving business to Taulman directly? Are you more likely or less likely go click on that link to order Zumbo's books and videos?
Old 08-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim Zumbo sounds sincere i sure do hope he is, over the several years I have been hunting I kinda looked up to him and the articles of his I have read the man knows how to hunt and really knows how to shoot. its a difficult situation I know we will all get through this. The bad thing is I almost feel the Antis and the animal rights activists put Taulman up to this in some way or another. I cant prove that but its a gut feeling.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:18 PM

ZUMBO is a puke period!!!! The guy lives in Cody Wy, in case you dont know thats WHERE ALL THE MILLIONAIRES MOVED WHEN THE BILLIONAIRES RAN EM OUT OF JACKSON HOLE. The guy simply supports USO, he just doesnt want to take any heat for it. I think 'll cancell my outdoorlife subscription and definately wont buy any of Zumbo's junk. As for his hunting "SKILL" when you get to hunt on someone elses dollar and have guides (pronounced-PROFESSIONAL hunter)its easy.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

NVMIKE well said!!! I have been to a Jim Zumbo big game (siminar sp?) and I can say it totaly sucked! I felt like I was listening, to a reading of outdooor life. He always hunts with guides so yes he will be successful.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:48 PM

I agree that Zumbo is a poster child for the hunting elite. That being said he ain't using a unit 10 bull elk tag maybe due to not wanting to get bunta'd by a couple of us toothless locals.[:@] He is pointing out the anti-hunter thing and that is something Taulman is feeding as a side impact of his lawsuit. I never said I was wantin' to poke Zumbo.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:26 PM

NVMike,

Just because your jealous of Zumbo dosent make him a "puke". I respect Zimbo, who gives a sh*t if he lives in Cody. Your post is the perfect example of "hunters bashing hunters" just because one has better hunting then the other. Its the same as the public land hunters who feel and call themselves more superior then the private land hunter. What a joke.............
Old 08-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoy Zumbo;s articals I do realize that when you have the bucks to hunt anywhere any time you choose and can pick from the best of the best then its easy to be a successful hunter. I do value his opinion on matters of hunting and hunting rifles.

Quick Reply: Jim Zumbo letter on USO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.