Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Jim Zumbo letter on USO

Old 08-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jim Zumbo letter on USO

You know when I heard he wasnt coming to Arizona this fall to hunt elk I was quite dissapointed because I wanted to go out there to where he would be hunting and track him down, I would love to have a few words with him, I looked into a few things I'm freaking pissed everything I thought zumbo stood for is all BS hes nothing other then a poster child like someone else said.
I will now refer to him as Jim "dumbo" Zumbo.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just sucks because I really enjoy his articles
Old 08-29-2004, 09:47 PM

highracks - I'm not jealous of wannabe like zumbo, and we already know that you think EVERYTHING should go to the high bidder. Sooooo...... ZUMBO IS A PUKE, ZUMBO IS A PUKE, ZUMBO IS A PUKE, ZUMBO IS A PUKE, ZUMBO IS A PUKE, ZUMBO IS A PUKE.... In case I was to vague, ZUMBO IS A PUKE.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:48 PM

Zumbo IS a good writer, he just doesn't get it.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know, maybe I got something different from his letter than some others did. The way I read it he is against Taulman's court endevours and not using his Arizona tag to show support of Arizona residents. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't see where he lives has got anything to do with anything, but thats just me. To each his own but I respect Jim for his stance.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:58 PM

First the fact that you live in Cody DOES NOT mean your a puke, I have many friends there. The point is that when you just up and choose to live there you've got money, enough to keep paying USO to book hunts for you, to pay USO to guide for you, to pay USO to use their airplane to herd elk to you. If Zumbo was REALLY against USO he wouldn't be using their brokering service. BS lawsuit aside, would you do ANY, I REPEAT,ANY business w/ a guide who hunts big game from airplanes? These guys have been caught several (I think three, az glen can tell you) times doing just that. Zumbo isn't useing his tag this year because it would end his career. My POINT is that zumbo continues to do business w/ USO in spite of being felony poachers, in spite of using lawyers & lawsuits to get more money from the big game draw/hunts. USO definatly rate as PUKES, therefore if Zumbo continues to use them, then he is a puke who supports pukes and encourages them to continue doing what they are doing.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 PM

GLEN - A thought just occured to me, USO keeps getting away w/ these poaching adventures by useing different guys(employees) each time, all the while the heat comes down on the individual, NOT the company, maybe you can suggest that the state set up a system for the companies(like DUI's) where once-ok maybe it was the individual(smack the companies hand);twice-hmmm a pattern(huge fine,confiscation ect..for the company);third strike-your out!pull the guides credentials(be sure to tie this to ALL owners & co-owners) other states can also enforce another states ban. So if USO gets three convictions, two in AZ one in NM then any state that chooses can deny Taulman, his wife, and any other owners/partners guide credentials.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:23 PM

Mike-The department has been discussing making it illegal for individuals who have any felony record to guide here. My understanding is that although Taulman weaseled out of a conviction here due to discrimination based on our filing charges after his lawsuit, he has plead to felonies in other states and thus would have a record. Problem is that he wouldn't guide anyway and will just keep finding guides with clean records. I asked about the company deal and think that has a lot of legal issues but agree with the idea. It has been good to see so much passion and ideas from every type of hunter here and I bet that whatever we end up with will make George's life more difficult. If nothing else I hope all those hunters who forked over 25 million for him to play with will wise up and figure out this guy is just another carpetbagger.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

NVMIKE, I agree but I think all these issues about USO are coming out fairly recently and Jim even said in his letter he didn't know what USO was really up to until recently. If Jim continues to use his services from here on out then I think we can judge him on that.

I can honestly say I didn't hear about USO using airplanes to find game until maybe 6 months ago. If I were Jim and I knew what he knew I wouldn't have known any of this was going on either. Remember he hired George probably about a year or more ago to apply for tags this year. A year ago I barely heard of USO.

But I know who they are now and anyone willing to take a stand against them is my friend.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:50 PM

There are a lot of good writers on hunting in the great outdorrs. I we boycot this one, then some one else will come along and take his place. Kinda like politics.

Quick Reply: Jim Zumbo letter on USO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.