Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

So I emailed USO and here is what I got

Old 08-26-2004, 11:33 AM

Default So I emailed USO and here is what I got

My original email:
I just emailed every one of your sponsors and told them I will not buy
> their products as long as they support you. I also emailed every one
> of your former sponsors and thanked them for withdrawing their support
> of your company. Your bottom line is money and not being a responsible
> member of the hunting community and everyone knows it. Your attempts
> to hide behind the "average non-resident" will not work. This is about
> you getting more tags for your clients, and it is wrong.

Response:
Greed is not an enviable trait. Why should a nonresident get 1/10 the
chance of a resident when he owns the resource to the same extent as the
resident. Also, why should he pay more for a lot less chance. The
resident pays less for game management in Montana than nonresdents.

George
USO

My Response to His Response:
If greed is not an enviable trait then you are one to talk. You want more money. Is there anything more greedy than that. A non-resident does not own the same chance as a resident in a state drawing. In a federal drawing yes. That is why everyone pays the same for a FEDERAL waterfowl stamp. An animal is under the managment of those within a state. If I have a tag in Montana and the deer I am hunting walks across the border into Idaho I no longer have legal rights in taking that deer. If you want federal tags then go the route of getting federal tags but quit blaming residents of states which give preference in order to get more money for yourself.

I was pretty unhappy about being called greedy and just kind of fired this one off back at him. This whole thing is just making me sick right now.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Default RE: So I emailed USO and here is what I got

Montana-Good for you! This guy is bleeding out of every hole now and his nasty responses indicate he is seeing the folly of his big plan. USO is mailing out solicitations for guides in AZ with no experience required and no license required so it looks like deperate times for Taulman. Just ignore the puke and keep the focus on sponsors and your state Game and Fish department. I am going to the main AZ meeting tonight to show support for the cause and I bet we figure out a way to screw USO out of existence.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ
I am going to the main AZ meeting tonight to show support for the cause and I bet we figure out a way to screw USO out of existence.
please give us all an update on the outcome of your meeting, would be interested in hearing about it.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MThunter

Response:
A non-resident owns the resource to the same extent as the
resident. Also, why should he pay more for a lot less chance. The
resident pays less for game management in Montana than nonresdents.

George
USO
I don't know why he says this because it's utter bull **** and not true at all. If he knew anything about the laws already on the books he would know that the STATES and state residents own wildlife, not the federal government and thus non-residents have NO legal claim to the resource and the states can do pretty much whatever they want regarding non-residents under the current laws.

I'm searching for the federal code now will post it when I find it.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:06 PM

We conclude that where the opportunity to enjoy a recreational activity is created or supported by a state, where there is no nexus between the activity and any fundamental right, and where by its very nature the activity can be enjoyed by only a portion of those who would enjoy it, a state may prefer its residents over the residents of other states, or condition the enjoyment of the nonresident upon such terms as it sees fit.
This came up earlier, I did some digging and found some good info in the 1978 Supreme Court decision from Baldwin v. Montana. Here's a link to the earlier posts (my contribution is near the end). http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...9&mpage=5&key=
Old 08-26-2004, 06:50 PM

Does anyone have a list of their sponsors? I would like to let them know, i will not support their companies either. Thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

What nerve how can he call you greedy when you know dam well if it wasnt for the money he wouldnt be there![:@]

Keep up the fight guys !
Old 08-26-2004, 10:04 PM
PLB

It is my understanding that USO has lost all of their sponsors and they will not have a TV show next year. Score one for all of us little guys.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

MTHunter,

I have been Emailing USO for sometime now I have yet to get a response, I guess the questions that I have been asking they either can't answer or are having a hard time coming up with a lie that sportsman like myself won't see through. They are crooks to put it simply. My question I asked them was simple I asked: If you were a Arizona citizen how would you feel, would you still feel the same way as you do now?
Old 08-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

you all have got to read this clicked the hyperlink http://www.huntinfo.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003301.html

Quick Reply: So I emailed USO and here is what I got

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.