Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

nc/tn/wv bear hunt

Old 08-26-2004, 07:46 AM

Default nc/tn/wv bear hunt

question for the experienced bear hunters...i am thinking of a DIY bear hunt in either nc, tn, or wv next year..has anyone hunting any of these states and what was your opinion of your hunt..which state has the best population and where are most bear concentrated at in those states..i have considered a guided hunt out west or up in maine...still unsure what route to go...i would like to do it myself but being this is my first hunt really unsure if i should...thanks for any help
Old 08-26-2004, 11:27 AM

Default RE: nc/tn/wv bear hunt

well i am not sure about those states but in the 3 day bear hunt last year in pa i think there were 3 bears over 700 pounds and one over 8 if i remember correctly. and you can also hunt them the 1st week of deer season. this year i will be hunting for a big black bear and have saw 10 so far but 2 of them would tip the scales around 500 pounds and another one looked like a good 600+ bear.

the 1st year we moved into my house we had 18 different bears comeing in to feed on corn where we used to feed. then they would walk onto my back deck and eat the bird seed.

anyhow i don't know if that was what you are looking for but there are many big bears here in pa but they aren't easy to get and you can not bait them