Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Primos will no longer be a sponsor of USO!

Old 08-18-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Primos will no longer be a sponsor of USO!

They returned my letter, and this is it what it says:

It has taken us a few days to sort through all the issues, rumors and hearsay revolving around the recent court ruling concerning the Elk draw in Arizona.

Primos has advertised its products on United States Outfitters’ TV show that airs on The Outdoor Channel and we have used USO’s licensing services as well as hired USO for its guide services in areas that we were unfamiliar with. Primos has been pleased with all services provided by USO.

As evidenced by your email, you have included Primos in your fight against USO. It was never our intention to take a position in this matter, but rather to let the courts decide what was equitable or not. That, of course, appears to have been misunderstood. With our use of USO’s products, Primos has been included in a fight we did not ask for and do not desire to be a part of.

All of us at Primos are first and foremost for the Elk and the places they call home. We do not want to do anything or be a part of anything that takes away from that.

At this time, we have decided that in order to support elk, the other wildlife of Arizona, and the places they call home, we should withdraw USO’s TV show from our list of sponsorships.

We thank you for your input. This has not been an easy decision to reach but after much prayer and thought our decision is based solely on what we feel is best for the Elk and the Elk hunting community.

Sincerely,

Will Primos

President, Primos Hunting Calls

-------------

It seems like some of the many emails I sent seem to help some. I'm really pulling for you Arizona resident hunters. I don't like seeing fellow hunters getting screwed, and I refuse to set on the sidelines.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:19 AM
PLB

Default RE: Primos will no longer be a sponsor of USO!

Good for Primos.

So far, Real Tree, Crooked Horn, and Primos have all dropped out of USO's camp. Knight, Barns Bullets, and a few others are still supporting USO. We need to continue to let them know where we stand.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear!
Old 08-20-2004, 07:36 PM

Barnes published that they are withdrawing support. Saw it on the monstermuleys site. Fat Tony will take a while and they haven't even answered my 3 e-mails and I have two Knight rifles. No more for me.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:35 PM

GLEN - Take a look at the savage muzzle loaders, they look pretty cool. Smokeless or black powder. I got a nasty reply from knight when I told I was putting off buying my son a knight, they were rude in their reply. I explained that I wasn't going to refuse to buy their products YET, only put it off til this issue is resolved and they've stated a position and I then recieved a so so reply from knight the second time around, it was like Jim Zumbos, people who support USO, but dont want to face any ramifications from it. Boycott on!!!