Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

dislikes about nonresidents.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Default RE: dislikes about nonresidents.

ironranger,

No, I didn't report the violators. I probably should have but I was in the middle of nowhere and I had limited time for hunting. If I would have seen a game warden I would have told him, but I really didn't have the time to follow through with it.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I love the non residents they are 90% of my business.... I dont care who they are as long as they are good hunters and have plenty money.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:02 PM

It is to bad that some hunters ruin it for the rest. I think that one factor which multiplies the problem is the simple fact that they are different and a slob hunter to boot. its bad enough dealing w/ the local idiots then someone comes all the way across the country to specifically be a pain in your a$$. I think that one problem w/ most out-o-staters is that they dont give residents extra respect. They show up for hunting season, dont care who was were first(in the west you move on til you find your own spot, not an option in populated areas). Second these residents have earned more rights in their stae than nons, I constantly fix roads, fences, signs, sometimes 1/2 a day or more per trip. We also do volunteer work w/ the wildlife, transplanting, guzzlers, ect. So the worst thing you can do is act like you have the same rights as they do(not to say you dont have the right to hunt) because you have a tag. residents put themselves into it year round, not just a few days. Charlie brown is right, in NV Vegas hunters are mostly slobs and they are numerous, much more so than nonres in Wyoming its quite opposite. Another thing is "sound" shots. Apparently in the thick of the woods back east its common, but in the west its not, if i had $20 for every easterner who said "I didn't see any today, but I got off a few sound shots" I could buy a expensive custom rifle or two.Also, be good w/ your gun, shots are long, know your limits and dont try to extend beyond them. Dont come in and tell res hunters "how it is" they live here you dont, listen to them and try to do as they do, dont try to bring ideas from home w/ you enjoy the west as the west it wont change for you. Try to fit it, not make it fit you. I guess the main thing isn't about rights, because we all have the right if we have the tags, but residents deserve, and have earned, respect in their back yards, many nonres dont give them that. I have met some really good non res. in my day so dont get me wrong but you asked for mistakes made so thats what i gave you. Best of luck, I know it isn't easy, but your efforts will pay off.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Fork Horn

I welcome non-residents if they are ethical and courteous.Who knows I may want to hunt in their state one of these days.If not I send them in the wrong direction.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:20 PM

nonresidents tend to hunt closer to the road and push more game back onto our land.

nonresidents tend to spend more on motels , meals, and guides

nonresidents offer to buy us drinks if we can tell them a place to go th enext day that has some game

non residents pay more in one year into our hunting fund than I do in 10.

why in hell would I dislike them?

now, nonresidents who move here or buy summer homes here? that is another story all together. non resident hunters and those I call Tourist Trappers don't bother me half as much as those that love it here so much they move here then try to change it into where they escaped from.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:44 PM

quote]now, nonresidents who move here or buy summer homes here? that is another story all together.[/quote]

Whats wrong with that?? Atleast when its a summer home, they arent there except for a few weeks a year.

I do have 1 thing that pisses me off and that is when someone from out-of-state or in state for that matter leases a large number of acres or ranches for their own sport.
Last time I checked this was America. If I or anybody else wants to lease some land for hunting, or lease out the land we own, then that is our bussiness and our right. Weather that makes you mad are not, it really dosent matter to much to me.

I love the non residents they are 90% of my business.... I dont care who they are as long as they are good hunters and have plenty money.
I deal with very few nonresidents, but I have to agree with the last part of your comment.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

Whats wrong with that?? Atleast when its a summer home, they arent there except for a few weeks a year.

Yes but they register to VOTE here.

And they drive our taxes up to where no locals can afford to stay on, and they 9 out of 10 times register to vote here, as I said.

As you say they are here 2 weeks of the year-- maybe another weekend in winter to say they did it-- and they are voting on things they know nothing about.

Thanks to foreigners voting and pushing their changes through snowmobiles and dogsleds are no longer allowed on the road ways in winter, SALT is in use all winter long, something we never even heard of 25 years ago.

towns are fighting bans on hunting, trapping, the running of hounds, the use of motorboats on waters that have always had them.

Th esame thing happens just over th eline in Vermont as well where I also havea place, one town had a ban passed on target shooting even with a bow on your own property!

Thanks to foreigners voting and making changes here (and the current whacko governor) it is illegal to pick blueberries, raspberries, mushrooms hang a tree stand or leave a pop up ground blind overnight on state land. and that is just the start.

You tell me what you want to do and I'll bet you aren't allowed by law to do it now.

Nonresidents that come, hunt have a great time and spend money , then go home are great.

The ones that buy a chunk of swamp land for 1.2 million and make us mail them thier absentee ballots to AZ, PA, FL, NJ, NYC, MA, CT, NJ, NJ, NJ those are the ones we can do without.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:48 AM

Generally I have no problem with non-residents. But when you hear someone say "that's not how they do it where I come from" you can feel your blood pressure climbing!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:12 PM

AdkGuidesForHire:
According to your ID you are from New York which has a population over 19 million. Do you expect us to believe that a few out of staters offset this number and dictate policy for you? The people that are shoving liberal legislation through your state are the more than 8 million NYC residents (the same people who elected Billary Ramrod Clinton to Senate).
Old 07-23-2004, 01:22 PM

I deal with a lot of non-residents waterfowl hunting. And sure, I get disgusted because that is just more competition for public water. But I must admit most all have been cordial and I may just be a little envious that someone can take the time off to follow the migration down. The only thing that I would ask is when you are in another state, don't knock it or the people.

However, the most problems I have had with trespassers, poachers, thieves, and general idiots have been residents.

Quick Reply: dislikes about nonresidents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.