Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fortuanate hunters?

Old 06-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fortuanate hunters?

I have been reading all the post on big game hunting, elk, mule deer, caribou, etc. I was just wondering how many of you know how fortunate you are to have the opportunity, money, time, a place to hunt, etc. I must admit, I am glad for you, jealous of you, and admire you all that can go and do go. All my life I wanted to go big game hunting of some type, and last year I got to go mule deer hunting in Co. and had planned on going Elk hunting out there this year. Because of a sickness in my family I can't go this year and don't know if I will ever get the chance again. If you only knew how much I have dreamed of these hunts and to see them taken away. I'm not mad because I can't go, family has to come first, I just hope each of you appreciate what you have and cherish each and every moment you have in the woods.

Don't get me wrong, I have been able and can hunt whitetails and hogs pretty much anytime I want, but a big game hunt out west was the dream of dreams. My whitetail hunting may be curtailed this year and for a while to come, but I have had my times in the woods.

All I want to say to each of you, cherish the opportunities you have and know that there's some of us that do indeed dream of the hunts with you. I hope all of you will take the time to keep posting about your hunts, it means a lot. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, just admiring your hunts and dreams, and want you to know that it can be gone in an instance.

Thanks and Good Luck this hunting season.

dog1
Old 06-14-2004, 06:22 AM

Default RE: Fortuanate hunters?

That is one no BS post!

Any day you are not in a hospital is a good day.
You don't know what you've got until it is gone.
Blood is thicker than water.

It is easy to take things for granted.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM
Old 06-14-2004, 07:11 PM

Having lived in Colorado and now Alaska, I know how lucky I am. I am living my dreams and lucky to have wife who allows me and a job that accomodates me.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:24 PM

Good point. best wishes until you can get back out.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't really know what to say, except that I can for one relate to experience that everything you love to do could possibly be gone in an instant. Good luck to you this year also, and hope you can live out your dreams someday
Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Fork Horn

Any day you are not in a Hospital is a good day,unless you are a proud Father of a Newborn.
You don't know what you've got until it is gone,unless she was a nag.
Blood is thicker than water,unless the water is in my coffee.
It is easy to take things for granted,unless you earn them.
Just kidding EKM.Trying to find a little humor until elk season.
dog1,
You have my sympathy,I hope your Family sickness recovers & I will call in a big bull elk for you!
Regards,Elkshed