Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves Your Missing The Point

Old 04-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wolves Your Missing The Point

I have read all the posts here on the subject and commented on a few. The fact of the matter is wolves will not work UNCHECKED and UNMANAGED in this day and age.
Towns and whole communites are at stake here where animal based business has established themselves. In these Western states where the Wolves have been reintroduced and are migrating people are starting to suffer and you are seeing it here on this site and elsewhere.
Hotel/Motel,Restuerants,Airlines,Small business just to name a few in this pyramid are going to suffer without the tourist dollar.
When good huntable numbers of our game animals have gone the tourist won't come with there dollar. Forget the recreation factor.
This is just hunting that I speak of. Ranchers too have much to lose as well as the folks they do business with.
This was an ill thought out plan of reintroduction WITHOUT A PROPER MANAGEMENT PLAN installed.
I am not a wolf hater or animal hater for that matter. We should all have a place on this earth.
WE manage everything in this day and age through neccesity and the Wolf should be no exception.
Hell think about it your a managed species through birth control to contol over population and its consequences.
We up the quotas for our game animals when they overgraze and in
FACT the wolf is here and it looks like it is established itself well. It is time to manage this species.
So for you people who don't live where the Wolf has an effect, think for a moment about the people who do and what they are facing and going through. Are they fed up and angry? Read some of the posts on wolves here. Some more than others have more at stake and you can see it through their anger in writing.
There were other causes that didnt effect me directly that I took a positve interest in because it made COMMON SENSE. Remember the Farmers,Miners,Steel Workers,Commecial fisherman and Loggers...Yah Maybe just maybe you where one of them and mad as hell. No different here
Old 04-25-2004, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Wolves Your Missing The Point

Believe it or not but I agree with you. I have no problem with wolf numbers being controlled. I only take exception to statements like "shoot them all, lets rid the earth of them". Wolves have a place anywhere wild ungulates roam but their numbers must be controlled.(see jjt we`re not that far apart)
Old 04-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100%. The wolves definetly need to be managed just like the deer and elk that we love to hunt. But just as Turk_man stated it's the people that want to wipe them out that I have a problem with.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Me Too.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:11 PM

I am not of the mind to "Kill them all" I am of the mind that my backyard is not your playground. And now I have to be of the mind to control a problem that didn't exist a few years ago.

Why don't you put diesel in your neighbors' gas engine?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:59 AM

Mt Bob I agree with you on this!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

well the wolves would be off the Endangered Species list by now if Wyoming had finished their management plan on time. Until they come up with a satisfactory plan, no state game agency can manage wolves. They are still under Federal control. Once Wyoming gets with the program the all the states can manage/control wolves as they see fit.

For additional info please see my post in the other wolf thread.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

I think the wolves should have been re-introduced with a little more common sense.The more wolves the less tourists.Feed a wolf a tourist and feed it for a day,teach a wolf to talk and make some money!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, alot of outfitters in my state are making quite a good bit of money taking the eco-freaks on "wolf viewing trips" in the off season. I can't really say that wolves have hurt tourism. It's increased it in my area.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:18 PM

I've got a hammer and a bucket of sand you can play with!

You'd be better off reading just WHO Sh$% canned the plan, mister. One Southern bunny hugger who didn't like "PREDATOR" as common verbage.
One out of eleven ain't bad, just plain politics. I would hope to think that my state is ahead of the game but outsiders seem to want to tip the field a bit. When all is said and done the wolf will be here to stay, and out of stater hunting opportunity will be diminished somewhat. So that is not all bad. Your welcome to come and LOOK all you want, take a few pictures and just go back home. If a $2500.00 hunting opportunity arises take it because this will be the last time you'll see that price again. Right now if you can draw an elk tag for 500 bucks you probably would kiss the ground your walking on for your fortune. Because of this litigation the price definitely will be going up. YUP make Wyo your personal playground where all I as a resident can do is watch and take pictures. It's getting to the point now that you may be packing your horse excrement out with you after a good days ride.

Quick Reply: Wolves Your Missing The Point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.