Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves and there right to survive

Old 04-24-2004, 03:10 PM
jjt

Default RE: Wolves and there right to survive

If Canadian ranchers took the same approach then the only place left for the wolf would be the arctic and that would be sad.
i wish i could shed a tear of sadness
Old 04-24-2004, 06:51 PM
DM

There's a HUGE size difference between the Canadian/Alaskan, bush, and the lower 48 bush!!!! The problem with reintroduceing wolves is, they don't stay where you put them!! Once they get well populated and have everything ate down, they move on and do it all over again.

A "collared" wolf that was let loose in the UP of Michigan, was shot dead by a rancher in Mo.!!!! I think it was 2 years after the records showed that it was let loose in Mi.. That wolf moved over 400 miles!!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-25-2004, 12:27 AM

jjt you are my new hero
Old 04-25-2004, 12:47 AM

Plant em in your own backyard, spend your own money!!! We didn't have a problem until they were re-introduced. Animals don't make laws they obey them. They aren't even the animal that was eradicated (for a good reason I add) many years ago. Wolves don't eat corn or soy beans.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:53 AM

It's because the canadian species fled to the better safer southern half of north america. The smarter species is fleeing to the northern half running from the RE-INTRODUCED NORTHERN SPECIES OF THE GREY WOLF.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:00 AM

PETA isn't bad, just misguided a bit. Miss Guided, by the way, was wrong when she taught me (tried to) that animals can reason.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:08 AM

The lawsuit is over our soverign state rights. And over some statement by the USG&F acknowledging a statement that "A southern judge won't like our use of the predator tag for the wolf'. Which is why our plan was rejected. By the way I believe Idaho and Montana are included in the language part of the plan which also involves their "plan" being rejected by the govnt.

The reason you don't see any management is because we actually respect Federal law. Which doesn't allow for any mangement at this time. Which is also why it is imperative that we get a plan to manage the wolf packs before it is too late.

If we cannot manage the wolf we may very well lose 50% to 75% of our hunting business. That is an impact to the great outdoors that I choose not to lose. It will and already has affected hunting opportunities for all of us. We are not rich people out here but don't ever think we're a bunch of dummies either.